This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone. Newbie to this forum. Looking forward to reading up on some repairs and advice given by others.

Comment

Hello!

I am an electronics student and enthusiast in the notebook repair business.

I hope to learn and share knowledge here in the forum.

I'm from São Paulo, Brazil.

Comment

Hello world, My name is Jeremy and I dabble in all things fixable lol. Electronics and Automotive are my two favorite pass times.

Comment

387/5000
          My name is Martin
          Greetings to all who arese interesting in electronics, which is also my hobby.
          Please excuse my poor English, but I hope that it will no be problem.
          I am the first time on this forum and I still have tolearn how it works here.
          I have a lot of books about electronics. I want to be useful for the whole badcaps community.
          I come from Slovakia.

Comment

Hello folks!

I'm from Brazil and I'am here to get some knowledge, just to try to fix my LG 50PZ950, wich have not too much tutorials for this at the web.

Thanks for everybody, I'll appreciate your patience and tolerance with my poor english and electronics knowledge.

Comment

Hello,

I found this site because my Vizio XVT473SV TV just decided to stop working. I'm hoping I can use this site to find an inexpensive way to fix it.

Thanks,
              shadowmn

Comment

New member, hello

I found badcaps while researching some older ELNA's and I am glad I did. Useful tips for troubleshooting electronics are not the easiest thing to find on the internet.
                Thanks for having me here, " lax luthier "
                Why don't you mine your own Bismuth,
                Mine your own Bismuth
                Mine your own Bismuth
                Why don't you mine your own Bismuth,
                So you won't be mining mine?

Comment

Hi, my name is Jose and I'm from Barcelona
                  I have more than 20 years in the electronic repair in general, these last years (about 10) in the repair of portable boards

Comment

Hi All
                    New member here! My name is Jon. I live near Bristol in the UK.
                    I have always liked to tinker with PCs but found this forum as I have some TV issues (new post to follow soon).
                    Thanks in advance for any help from anyone!

Comment

Hi guys, I'm seeking to learn from the best members of this community
                      And possibly give back what I know (too little).

Comment

Hi everyone, I am from Arkansas. I have a TV I am trying to fix and found your forum. I am interested in electronic repair and have been doing computer troubleshooting and repair for years.

Comment

Hey everyone! Im from Latvia, and I found this forum via google. My job is actually fix printers and refill laser toners, but occasionally i run into some bad power supplies or motherboards. I'm also interested in audio/guitar DIY stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                            As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                            So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                            where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                            Hey I'm just a new beginner in this field and I hope to meet and join in same of the question and support as well.

Comment

Hello to all.

Just a new beginner in this field and I"m look forward in taking part.

Comment

Ciao, mi chiamo Luis e sono di Enna

Ho più di 20 anni di riparazione elettronica in generale, e sono felice di far partre di questo forum

Comment

Hello,
                                  Just trying to fix my Samsung UN46EH5300.

Used the search function, but no one had the same issue I had. So, I'll be making a post as soon as I can.

Comment

Hi, my name is Darren and i like everything electronics

Comment

Just a newbie, trying to feel accomplishment of fixing my broken set....Thanks for the site...

Comment

Hi

I work on a lot of electronic stuff, mostly test equipment but monitors and TV's now and then. Caps are often the main problem. Find this group has some good info on specific stuff now and then from gooogle searches.

Hopefully I am in now and can view the picts and additional stuff now.

John

P.S. I have attempted to join a few times 2013, 2/26/14, and I think this is a response from an attempt in 2015, I don't know if I was just too impatient, hopefully this works.

Comment

My first post!

Comment

Working...
                                          X