Dead Hello Kitty Karaoke Sanrio machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Hello Kitty Karaoke Sanrio machine

Hi, My daughters Hello Kitty Karaoke (Made by i think Sanrio) machine no longer works. I cant find the AC adapter that goes with the machine but it does accept batteries so i tried that.......output from the batteries is ~ 9.5V DC.

I put the batteries in and ......nothing...........i am enclosing pics of where the batteries go to..............any suggestions or just throw this in the trash..........i thought that since it appeared dead that i might be able to fix it........and besides is like $70 for a new one.
    Attached Files

Re: Dead Hello Kitty Karaoke Sanrio machine

9.5v how many batteries? 6?

What is that part you are holding?

Is the 9.5 measured where it goes on to the board?

Tried the on off switch? Ohm it - see if it works

Bigger picture of the board?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Seem fairly simple I would suggest you fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by opamp View Post
        Seem fairly simple I would suggest you fix it.
        Well, that is easy for you to say - I hope you are going to help!
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

hi,

yes there are 6 "C" batteries.

I am holding the pcb board where the power comes-into.......i can take more pictures of this if you wish

i measure 9.5V DC on the board where it comes in......but then i lose it........

i tried the switch and i think its ok......i will try and take pictures of it and how i meausred it.

Comment

enclosing a pic showing how the power comes from batteries to pcb board.
            Attached Files

Comment

OK -so what voltage have you got on the red and black socket on the big board.
              What have you got on the red black and white? is that the lead from the switch?

Comment

check those diodes and see if there open.

Comment

i am enclosing a picture to help explain what i measured.........and what i thought you were asking me to measure.......

With the batteries "in" and outputting 9.5VDC......i made the followingmeasurements (see enclosed pic):

I measured DC voltage between
                  Pins 1 and 2: Measured 0V
                  Pins 3 and 4: Measured 0V
                  Pins 5 and 6: Measured 0V
                  Pins 6 and 7: Measured 0V

i have not measured the diodes yet.........i will do that next. Question on measuring the diodes.......i assume i make the measurement with the batteries in place......do i just make a "resistance" measurement across each diode......should both diodes be on and thus low resistance............let me know

also, if there is another measurement you would like let me know
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ok - On the little board your holding what is on the other side of it - picture?

Looks like the power in socket and battery connector on one half - what is on the other? Which is the main on/off switch

Comment

if your 9.x is getting to the board i would check the switch in the jack next.

Comment

hi i am enclosing some additional pictures

just a quick note....in my previous post ......i had indicated that there were essentially no "voltages" measured....i hope i did not confuse you .......did you get that?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes I think we got that - no volts on the end of the board.
                          So is the other socket a headphone socket? microphone socket.

I am thinking the two ends of the board are not really related-
                          not connected on that board.

What I really asked originally was what is the voltage reading on the socket on the big board - see attached

If it is nil then it is either a problem with the switch inside the power adapter socket that probably switches the battery power off when it is inserted and allows the battery power when the adapter is removed or the diodes.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by selldoor; 01-21-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

the voltage difference between the black and red wire in the picture you sent in the last post.......is 0Volts. This red and black wire come from the small board that i was holding.

according to the manual the two connections on that small board are as follows:
                            1-DC input jack
                            2-Phone jacks

not sure but maybe it is head-phone jack ............

Comment

your second picture first post the red and black wire by the switch on the left circuit board (not the one you are holding) is there 9 volts when you test between these 2 wires?

Comment

On the diodes lets check for voltage. Place neg- probe on the neg- side of the batteries then place the pos+ probe on the cathode side of the diode. The cathode side of the diode has a gray band on it.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                  your second picture first post the red and black wire by the switch on the left circuit board (not the one you are holding) is there 9 volts when you test between these 2 wires?
                                  Asked - post 13 answered post14 - nil.

Welches101 - hope your meter is working.

Comment

on the diode check:

I connected my meter (measuring DC voltages) ....black lead to the negative side of the battery and then my red lead to the "vertical-grey" line on the diodes.........both diodes measured 9.5Volts DC.

Comment

Ok so they are not open now check voltage where user "selldoor" tells you at 9:49 Am today. Keep neg- prove on the negative side of the batteries and place pos+ prove on the red wire.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                        Asked - post 13 answered post14 - nil.

Welches101 - hope your meter is working.
                                        my fault did not read all the posts lol just wrote what i would of tested myself next

Comment

Working...
                                        X