Samsung Plasma TV model PN64F8500 power on issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma TV model PN64F8500 power on issue

Also, I found a couple 22uf, 50V aluminum electrolytic capacitors on Mouser -
    EEU-FR1H220B & EEU-FR1H220

but I don't know if either is/would be the correct replacement?

Comment

without knowing the differences between the 22uf and 30uf y board versions, I would stick with the 22uf. Is there just the single 22uf cap with two empty spaces next to it? You can use a ceramic 22uf 50v cap similar to:

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...958-ND/7362914

Comment

No, it's a cylindrical shaped cap. I'll try to attach a pic.
        The space right below it is where the 3 caps are on most of the (older?) boards.
        But if the cap in the link you sent will work, I will try it for sure.

Also - thanks for your help, jetadm123!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BK24; 07-23-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the photo. Would be interesting to know if you have a newer or older version of the Y board as compared to the others in this thread. Yes, the EEU-FR1H220B & EEU-FR1H220 will work fine. Just be aware that the capacitor has a "+" and "-" and must be installed the same way as the old cap.

Comment

I'm not sure. I can take a pic of my board specs when I get home, but I don't have that on hand.
            Is the type of cap I sent better, or the ceramic type you sent better? Does it matter?

Comment

The board you have uses a electrolytic cap versus ceramic for the other boards. I would go ahead and use panasonic ones you chose.

Comment

Great! I'll order a handful of those Panasonic caps. Wish me luck. Haha
                Thanks again for your time, jetadm123.

Comment

Hi I hope some one is still following this as I am looking for some help

I have inherited a Samsung PN64F8500AFXZA (that someone else couldn't fix} that wont turn on I am getting 2 red blinking flashes , I have tested power supply tests ok by using methods in this forum , It looks like somebody replaced the 3 blue caps on y board but I unplugged ribbon on Y and I am not getting any vs voltage , where on board should I be checking right now I am on pin 13 of top white plug is this correct spot ?

Comment

Working...
                  X