Konica Minolta Printer on windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konica Minolta Printer on windows 8.1

Hello I have a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2430Dl printer connected to a USR5461 router. The printer is configured and works well with my vista and windows 7 pc's but I am having difficulties connecting it to my windows 8.1 pc.

I have downloaded the drivers for windows 8 on the Konica Minolta site and when it prompts me to enter the ip address I enter the one stated on my router page like the instructions say to. Every time I hit next it says that the device was not found. Why would this be? I have the windows 8 drivers and the printer network setup works fine with the rest of my pc's but it is only this pc that wont recognize it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Re: Konica Minolta Printer on windows 8.1

Could be that the windows 8 drivers don't work with 8.1. It's more common that you would think.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I would try installing the printer through the devices and printers area of Windows.

Just tell it to install a network printer and immediately hit "The printer I want wasn't found" rather than waiting. After that give it the IP and let it see if it can find the driver automatically. If not figure out where the Konica Minolta stuff was extracted to and tell it to find the driver there through "Have Disk."

Comment

Have you enabled it to printer share
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I got it to recognize the printer but when I try to print to it nothing happens.

When I hit print a test page it says printer paused and that there was an error. The troubleshooter can't detect the problem either.

Any suggestions?
          canadaboy25

Comment

I would make sure you're using a GDI driver and not Post Script or PCL. According to Konica Minolta it only speaks their GDI.

Also worth trying a built in driver for another printer that speaks GDI making sure it's not PS or PCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
              I would make sure you're using a GDI driver.
              How would I tell if it's a GDI driver?
              canadaboy25

Comment

If not it'll say something like "Konica Minolta [model] PCL" or "PS."

If you are using the GDI driver I would search this page for other printers that use the GDI driver and select that as the driver to use. While they aren't the same model they do speak the same stuff which can rule out serious OS incompatibility or just the driver.

http://www.konicaminolta.eu/en/busin...rver-2012.html

Comment

Originally posted by Compgeke View Post
                  If not it'll say something like "Konica Minolta [model] PCL" or "PS."

If you are using the GDI driver I would search this page for other printers that use the GDI driver and select that as the driver to use. While they aren't the same model they do speak the same stuff which can rule out serious OS incompatibility or just the driver.

http://www.konicaminolta.eu/en/busin...rver-2012.html
                  The driver is GDI but when I am setting it up it gives me two blanks, one for printer name or ip address and one for port name.

What would I put for a port name?
                  canadaboy25

Comment

Just put anything you want in. I tend to use IP_printer'sIP to get something like "IP_192.168.2.148". It makes it easier to tell what it is in the future.

Comment

Well I did that and it still seems to not be able to find the printer.
                      canadaboy25

Comment

you could just use CUPS
                        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                        X