LaserJet 4 Duplexer not happy with my second apper tray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LaserJet 4 Duplexer not happy with my second apper tray

So I finally found the page duplexing option for the HP LaserJet 4 and for something that has connections for power and data and no configurable settings, it's being grumpy.
    Like most people I have the second paper tray which also sits under the printer. The duplexer sits between it and the printer.
    I know the paper tray works fine without the duplexer but when the duplexer is installed, when I turn the system on the motor that drives the paper pick-up mechanism in the tray starts cycling uncontrollably.....but does not actually engage the mechanism that grabs the paper.
    I'm totally lost at what might be happening. There isn't even configuable settings for the duplexer. It only ctivates when you tell the printer to duplex from your computer. I'm assuming that motor should not be constantly running.

Am I missing something here?
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: LaserJet 4 Duplexer not happy with my second apper tray

Is something shorted?

Comment

That I can see visually, no.
      Find Nedry!

Comment

Huh.
        If I open the back door on the printer (the place where the duplexer connects, but normally only opened to remove jammed paper) the motor stops and it just starts clicking.
        Find Nedry!

Comment

I'm guessing the printer is 15-16 years old? Everything has a finite lifespan... though we do have a few of these still in service around the plant. None with a duplexer, tho.
          Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Working...
          X