Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hp Omni 200-5340LA with weird symptom (possible cap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp Omni 200-5340LA with weird symptom (possible cap)

Hello and good morning from my end. To keep this nice and short, there are 2 capacitors in the power area of the CPU that show damage that i'm having trouble identifying with markings
    EFK
    L60

More or less is that is anywhere from 220uf and up to but not 470uf with a no idea in voltage, give or take 20v, 25v, or 30v as the max power is 19v at 7.89A.

What the computer does is, the LEDs blink rapidly until it is unplugged from the power supply. If the CPU is removed from the socket then reinserted, it turns on as if nothing happen. After a restart or give or take 30 minutes of inactive use, the problem shows up again. What i've done so far to figure out its an issue on the motherboard is remove the ram, any peripherals, change the CPU, and run tests with a Live CD that checks all the hardware (Geek Squad uses this as well to diagnose computers hehehe) and they all pass as ok. Hopefully with changing these caps the problem is resolved. Thanks for any and all help/ guidance in advance.

-Drassh
    Attached Files

Re: Hp Omni 200-5340LA with weird symptom (possible cap)

They are Panasonic FK series. 330uf with the E signifying 25v
    Attached Files

Comment

@diff Thank you very much for the Info! With this info it will make it easier on getting the voltage. By any chance do you know what the L60 part might mean?

Comment

Probably the date or lot code.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

ok thanks.

I went out to look for a replacement cap and i was given these (Picture included). Now the computer briefly turns the led on and then turns off. I'm thinking the cap is not the right one or there's a short somewhere. Also, added electrical tap to prevent the metal casing from making contact with the caps.
          Attached Files

Comment

what do they say on the other side?

Comment

From the appearance I can not recognize any quality brand. Most likely something liek Jamicon or similar crap. Is that even low-ESR at least?
              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

i think jamicon are better printed than that.
                probably SunTan or something else you can get retail.

Comment

Working...
                X