dsi xl battery connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dsi xl battery connector?

I dont know if this is in the right place but I have a dsi xl and someone has ripped the connector for the battery straight off the board. They probably tried to pull it out instead of popping it out.

Anyway, i cant seem to find a replacement connector anywhere perhaps they're called something else. Does anyone know anywhere that sells them?
    Attached Files

Re: dsi xl battery connector?

it would help if you seperated the plug from the shell of the socket that it's still plugged into!
    it's probaby made by JST btw.

Comment

Or cut off the connector and solder straight to the board ?

Comment

I'm keeping it attached so I don't misplace it lol and I didn't actually think about soldering it directly to the board I just figured doing it properly would be a better option.

Who are JST?

Comment

http://www.jst-mfg.com/index_e.php

Comment

A lot of times that connector is not damaged and simply needs resoldered.

Comment

Any rough idea what to be looking for on JST?

It looks like a leg is missing on it to me when I look closely although it's one of the front 2 legs.

If I were to just solder the wires on, how would I go about doing it? would I just attach them to the back 2 points with the positive and negative symbols? and ignore the front 2 points?

Comment

yes, the front points are just to hold the connector down physically.

btw, if you wanted to lookup the connector the first thing you need to know is the spacing between the pins.

Comment

I managed to get it working, had to bridge a wire across the underside too to the positive point as there was no continuity, I had no idea what had gone wrong there but it all powers up now.

However the zif connector ( I think that's what they're called ) for the touch screen broke off so now I have the joys of attempting to replace one of those. Fun days ahead!
                  Last edited by quiggy; 01-10-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X