Samsung UN60J6200AFXZA....no backlights but a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN60J6200AFXZA....no backlights but a picture

This is a major score for a kid like me.....Samsung UN60J6200AFXZA for $50.00 with sound, picture but not a hint of any backlights?

With them all being out I'm thinking backlight inverter?

The cool thing about this one is about a month ago I scored this exact same set, version and all with a cracked screen.
    They call me......."threadkiller"

Re: Samsung UN60J6200AFXZA....no backlights but a picture

This is a LED. Unplug the main board from the PSU, leave the back lights connected to the PSU, then plug the PSU into mains. The backlights should turn on by them selves. If they don't, then measure the DC voltages on each backlight string. I am rather thinking you have bad LED's.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 03-22-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

If that is the case I have all good LED's in that other TV.

I'm not sure I understand....unplug the main, plug in the TV and the backlights should light?

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Unplug the main board to power supply connector then plug the tv into a power outlet.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm planning to investigate further this Satirday and we'll see what happens.

Comment

Well the backlights are on, but here's the picture. I see previous pictures still on the screen when a new scene appears. Any ideas?
            Attached Files

Comment

if the picture is slow to react like that, it's a tab bond issue.

Comment

Could it be a t-con problem??

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                  if the picture is slow to react like that, it's a tab bond issue.
                  I wouldn't be surprised on that. Unfortunately I could tell before I took it apart that the picture wasn't all goofed up like that. Looks like I screwed up somewhere?

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  Could it be a t-con problem??
                  Tried both t-cons I have and same result. Darn.

I'm going to take the bezel off here in a bit and see what happens when I press on the tabs. The display panel did flex a bit when I was handling it but I didn't hear any cracks or cracking happen. I guess we will see, update to come later.

Comment

Okay I removed the bezel and with the TV on there is no change in the picture when I press on the bonded tabs at the buffer boards or the panel itself.

I removed the ribbon cables from the t-con and replaced them. The jumper ribbon cables between the buffer boards looked like they were installed upside down. It was this way when I got it. These were also replaced and re-installed in the right? orientation.

The end result appears to be less vertical lines and the scenes change a bit faster.

I would think if this was a tab bond issue I'd see some changes in the picture when I press on them?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Are you able to do a factory reset or firmware update/reapply? might not help but it shouldn't hurt.

Comment

Ok so the panel is confirmed bad. Saw smoke coming from one of the ribbon cables buffer board to panel. There's a metal bar across the cable. It has heat damage near it and when I touch that ribbon cable its hotter than a nun's crotch.

So it's tough titties said the kitties when the milk ran dry.

Comment

It's a shame, nice size screen.

Comment

Yeah it is. The heck of it..... I'm about 50% sure it's my fault. I can tell someone was in to this TV, there was tape missing between the buffer boards but I know I could see the menus and a picture in there. I must have flexed the display too much.

My disappointment is tempered by having less than $125.00 in 14 TV sets, 7 of which can be fixed (that is....if I don't screw up) and three ready for sale right now worth somewhere around $350.00. The remaining 4 are probably worth $1000.00 done.

My hope is you folks who help me in here won't wash your hands of me! lol I'm a noob, I know one pays for their education either through the halls of...or their wallet so I was prepared to screw it up and not be a whinebag about it.

What I really hope to master is tracing circuits back to see where the faults do lie. If I can learn to trace from a pin to a problem I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere. Bottom line is, I want to learn how to do this and have fun while I'm at it, leastways for now, and hopefully someday I'll be able to turn it in to something for extra cash.

Comment

I have a Samsung 65" led that has picture and no led backlights (Verified with flash light). The power supply to the LED strips read 320v on all 4 pins when grounded to the chassis. Do I have bad LEDS or power supply and is there a way to make sure? Thanks. Sorry for hijacking thread as it won't let me post my own.

Comment

If you have 320V to the led strips then it looks as though you have an open circuit led or leds.
                                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Ok is there anyway to make sure it's the LEDs before I buy them? I have it all torn appart down to the LED strips. Because I also thought it was them. But there is a thread going around that has high voltage out but is still the power supply. Thanks!

Comment

What is the power supply board P/N?
                                    BN44-?????
                                    Never stop learning
                                    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Interestingly enough I had over 400v indicated on one pin to the LED's on my TV.

Comment

Can you post sharp pictures of your power supply board top and bottom.
                                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Working...
                                        X