Leadtek PX 7300 GT coil blow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Leadtek PX 7300 GT coil blow?

64 C is a bit too much for the GPU. Try to keep it under 60C, if possible, even if that means downclocking the GPU. The RAM can remain at 400 MHz (800 MHz DDR).

Reason to keep GPU under 60 C is because the GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series all have the bumpgate issue. When they run hotter than about 60 C, the epoxy under the GPU core becomes soft and allows the solder joints between the GPU core and PCB to crack/break. When that happens, you get artifacts or completely dead video card. And the worst part is that a reflow will almost never fix this.

Also, I forgot to mention, but adding in those missing caps may actually help lower the temperatures of the MOSFETs and the GPU.
    Last edited by momaka; 12-17-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The temperature for default values is around 40 Celsius degrees.
      The 64 Celsius degrees was stabile and reached for overclocked values after 5 minutes of Furmark running.

In this week end I'll add the caps . Thanks!

Comment

40C is a lot better.

My 7600 GS has a similar cooler and runs at 45C idle and 55-56C under load with most games (like Half-Life 2) - and that's in the summer, when my room temperature is around 26-28C. I do keep my case open, though. Just giving you this as a comparison.

Comment

Working...
        X