Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia refernce GTX 750 1 Gb

Hi everybody, this is my story :

I recently tried to plug my front panel USB2 into my mobo while in power ...

Just wanted to see my usb key be hot mounted to confirm the right rewiring (old case and 10 pin connector wasn't in the good order).

So : I had a big problem while pushing a little bit hard on the connector, the system hanged and rebooted violently...

I don't have the feeling I touched the video card but who knows ... Maybe did I bend the mobo and the PCIe slot as it is next (5cm) to the USB pins ?

So my system rebooted but with a lot of difficulty, the nvidia bios did not post and had after a while (1 min black screen) the bios logo.

The screen is full of red lines. Only able to run text os like debug mode.

Tried the video board in a XP computer : ti booted in vga with full of red lines...

Then I read a lot and found it was certainly a Vram problem : http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

After that I ran http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?...ROGRAMS/vmt_en video ram tools via the last UBCD

The DOS version is 256Mb limited, anyway it gave me an error from beginning to end, all addresses went wrong !!!

So I am no trying to figure out how a card work and watched a lot of Hindi and Russian video, unfortunately was very hard to understand !!!

Seems that in this countries, they still repair a lot.

Here is a picture of my mobo (not mine) it's a reference board, mine has only two mosfets vertically (above R22 coils, the missing ones).

http://wimages.vr-zone.net/2014/03/n...x_750_ti_1.jpg

My guess is : maybe is it a power pb ?

Could you tell me why is there this 2+1 phases ? I mean what is the aim of the first single stage (top and strong one) with big orange coil ?

The board seems ok visually : can't see anything burned ...

Thank for your help !
    Last edited by laplaya; 12-14-2015, 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Nvidia refernce GTX 750 1 Gb

one phase is for the vram. the vram runs on a different voltage from the core.

also, power problems do not cause artifacts. it will just show a blank screen and refuse to boot. on some systems, it will just not recognise the video card and complain (beep) that u didnt insert a video card.

for the artifact problem, u may have inadvertantly knocked the video card or overflexed it, cracking the solder joints on the gpu bga causing the video card to spoil.

jarring the mobo or video card could also cause dust to get into the pci-e slot. when was the last time u dusted your pc? if u havent dusted it in awhile, try taking out the video card and cleaning the goldfinger contacts and the pci-e slot on the mobo with isopropyl alcohol. hopefully, it may just be dust screwing up the contacts in the video card.

if it doesnt work, your video card is gone. get a new one. or get some bga soldering flux and bake (reflow) the video card to repair it.

Comment

Re: Nvidia refernce GTX 750 1 Gb

Thanks for the advices : have tried in another PC with same problem !!!

Comment

Working...
      X