LG 50PA6500 Streaky shadowy picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PA6500 Streaky shadowy picture

As the title says I have an LG 50PA6500.The original problem was no power up.Diagnosed and replaced Main pcb.
    Powers up,sets channels. The LG splash screen and crystal cube "no signal" screens look fine and clear.
    With actual videoTV/HDMI the video has streaks and shadows that look like burn in.
    The on screen menus lso look translucent and streaky.
    Question,are the splash screen/no signal screens derived from the same board as the video?Or are they generated from the T-con board?
    I have seen fixes such as reflowing the coils on the X&Y boards.Did that no change.
    Did I get a bum main board or do I still have a gremlin working?
    I don't know if I have permissions enough to post pictures but I will when I can.
    Thanks for any troubleshooting info.

Re: LG 50PA6500 Streaky shadowy picture

With the tv unpluged, disconnect the flat cable between the main board and the control board (P231). Then short the two pins on the conrtrol board labeled EXT_AUTO_GEN and plug in the tv, this will generate test patterns and if they are good, the fault is likely the main board, IF they are still bad, check the panel voltages, Try adjusting the RAMP_UP & RAMP_DN (mark the control positions with a felt pen before adjusting)
    Last edited by R_J; 01-10-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      With the tv unpluged, disconnect the flat cable between the main board and the control board (P231). Then short the two pins on the conrtrol board labeled EXT_AUTO_GEN and plug in the tv, this will generate test patterns and if they are good, the fault is likely the main board, IF they are still bad, check the panel voltages, Try adjusting the RAMP_UP & RAMP_DN (mark the control positions with a felt pen before adjusting)
      That is how I found out the initial main board was bad. It did display the test patterns.I had it face down on the bench and didn't notice if the display was doing like it is now or not.

Comment

Here are some pics of it in gen mode.Doesn't look good .
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X