Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Peter, Did you get another replacement PWB Main board on top of the one you got from the local guy? Or did that board fix your problem? Either way that at least tells me I'm looking in the right spot. Do you have any info as to when the TV failed if it was abrupt or if it was gradual? As in did the tv start to not power on every once and a while then stop all together or was it just one day it had the green light of death? Thanks

Comment

So I may have a lead on a PWB Main for this TV only issue is the price of $471.60 + core charge. So I have contacted the company to see what they can do on lowering the price. Lets hope they can get it down to a more reasonable number.

Comment

whats the part number of the board you require? does anyone offer a repair service for them?

Comment

When i first got my LT55164 the tv worked,but none of the HDMI inputs didn't
          work,seems to be also an issue with PWB,one of chips for HDMI bad.So traded a tv repair shop a couple DLP-DMD chipsets.for PWB.I dont know were he had gotten it from.I replaced PWB mainboard and @ that time i got a yellow 4 blink
          or 44.Put back old PWB back in,and used it as is.just no HDMI.waaaaaaaaa.We
          had a new house fuse panel put in(forgot to unplug tv)when power was restored,tv has a fast green blinking light.Tryed some of the resets,nothing.
          So for shits an giggles i pulled out this PWB and plugged it in.To my amazement tv booted up and HDMI inputs work.i dont know why it didnt work before, i fix cars for a living.Shop Jimmy .com is an online used tv parts store
          they make sure that their parts are in good working order.(148.00)but are out of stock.When i was shopping for my PWB there are some electronic repair shops that repair but not cheap.

Comment

id like to also add that right buy the part number there is an 01,02,03 on the PWB main,and is marked off with a marker, so when looking another board they claim the it MUST be the same.In my case i proven that is false,because my original board was marked as 02 and i replaced with 03.also PWB main has
            a 6.3a-24v fuse @ location F9A01,also red blinking in the back of the tv in the
            led-power board is normal during operation.P.s. your welcome to my old PWB
            main.

Comment

So, to start out that lead on the board was a bust they are not moving on the price.

vinceroger69, the part number for the main board is . That being said there are repair services on ebay and various other sources for these board but they all state no other repair attempts have been made to the boards, and I have already replaced some capacitors on this board. Also they are charging 85$ for something that might not even fix the issue. I truly believe that this should be a simple fix its just figuring out what went wrong and then replacing/repairing it. I now know that the issue must be in the main PWB as Peter B has shown with replacing this board the problem can be solved. Now to narrow down what has failed.

Peter B, Thanks for the detailed responses, I have checked the fuse on the main board and it checks out okay. I did read up on that blinking red light as a status light for the led driver board but thanks for the heads up. I would love your old board any more clues to get this problem solved would be great I'll send you a PM and we can figure out getting that sent my way. Thank you so much.

Comment

Sorry brifr123 i thought it was in the clear with PWB main,obviously the boards
                are different so 934C3740-02 is NOT the same as 934C3740-03 cause after a week of use,5 or 6 caps launched off of the board still had picture but no sound,
                no hdmi,so i need to hang on to my board still.i send u my 934C3704-03,might
                not be good for your tv,since yours is 934C3704-01.

Comment

Wow, Peter dont worry about sending me your board then sounds like you have your hands full over there as it is. Good luck fixing all that.

Comment

Peter if the offer still stands I would be interested in the 934C3740-03 board with the bad caps. Please let me know if your willing to send that my way. Thanks.

Comment

Bump, Petter if you still have that 03 board I would be interested. Thanks

Comment

Update: I have sent the main board to Otex Inc. in Indiana to hopefully have it repaired. I will post up when I get the board back how I make out.

Comment

Final update. Board was sent to Otex Inc. and was deemed irreparable by them. They said that there was too many bad components to fix. I could not get much detail from the guy I talked to about what he looks for on these boards as he spoke somewhat broken English. Sorry to say this TV is now for sale as parts or for someone else to try and repair.

Comment

Hey. Same problem here. Unfortunately I'm going through divorce and lost my O-Scopes, meters, etc. Hopefully I can borrow a scope and try to find the problem.

You never found a solution?

Later...

Comment

I have a LT-55164 I've been attempting to repair now for many months. Same issue, never ending green blink of death.

Per the service manual, the power supply is supplying correct voltages to both main and inverter boards. Since the voltages are correct, I reason that my power supply board must be good. It does not use crap brand electrolytics, and all caps test good.

Per the service manual, if the LED inverter board detects a short, a multi-color LED blink sequence will occur. This is not happening, and the INV-SHORT wire between the power and main boards is sending zero voltage.

I was so confident the main board (934C3740-02) was the culprit, I picked up a tested good one pulled from a cracked screen on eBay for $85. To my amazement, the green blink continues with the new main board.

I've tried the hold-power-button-for-8-seconds on both the original & new main board to perform a system reset. I see the green blinking light skip a beat, but it doesn't fix anything.

The only things left are the TCON board and the panel. Has anyone ever heard of either a bad TCON board or bad LCD panel preventing a main board from powering on?

Comment

Im having the same issue. I had the flashing lights that indicated a mb short so i replaced the main board. I now get a flashing green. I have not tried flashing the update (is it downloadable?)

Comment

https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/suppor...ments/LT-55154 Yes it is among other documentations as well as software.

Comment

OK, I updated mine with the USB stick and that fixed the issue for me (after replacing the main board.) Sweet! Thanks.

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                                    https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/suppor...ments/LT-55154 Yes it is among other documentations as well as software.

Comment

Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

Spoke too soon... Flashing did improve things a lot but hdmi doesnt work and if i dont leave the usb stick in it will blink green. It works fine if i use an hdmi to component video adapter (if i keep the flash drive in it.)

Comment

Finally Fixed my Mitsubishi LT-55154. The Failure was identified by Nyjetfan21
                                          so lets be sure to give credit where credit is do. I Reflowed the surface mounted GPU on the Mainboard. The suspect chips are under the heat sinks.
                                          The Rig I used was originally used to re-flow GPUs on Laptop Motherboards.

Nyjetfan21 as well as I recommend that the Heat Sinks be Cemented to the
                                          Main Board to avoid the GPU Heat and Heat Sink Weight dragging the GPU off the board when it heats up. Also Active cooling of GPU was recommended.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X