Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42" VIZO Television Will Not Power On

Originally posted by Cubone222 View Post
    Yea, if only I could have misterd. It might be a cold solder but who cares. As of now the TV comes on. Amazing! It powered on. The light went from amber to white. It had a blue screen that said no signal. Is that normal?
    Congratulations,yes that is normal,once you hook to cable or dvd player you should see a picture with sound. which regulators did you replace? Also can you carefully check the new voltages on any regulators replaced and report them here so we can see the difference from the old to the new voltages?
    Last edited by MisterD; 11-10-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

I just hooked this TV up to the computer VGA cable. After it booted I saw this red and blue haze in the bottom right corner. I thought darn man, not a LED gone crazy. I don't even know if this TV has LEDs, but that is what I thought. Turns out, it was my walpaper bleeding through windows AERO peek. Thank you Jesus. This thing sure looks better from the front although I really enjoyed working on it. I left U8 alone. U2 was a nightmare.Thanks budm, misterd, and all you other guys that left a reply. My PS3 thanks you also. Here is a picture of this TV working just after putting it back together.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cubone222; 11-11-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterD View Post
        Congratulations,yes that is normal,once you hook to cable or dvd player you should see a picture with sound. which regulators did you replace? Also can you carefully check the new voltages on any regulators replaced and report them here so we can see the difference from the old to the new voltages?
        I didn't get any voltage through U2 after I replaced it. U2 is the only regulator I replaced. U8 however still had the 1.24V difference. Budm says it is suppose to be 1.25V difference.I thought I screwed the board when it read 0v on all U2 pins. Discouraged, I hit the power button anyways. To my surprise slave lit up and shut back down. I had hope so I bragged to everyone here, "I got it to turn on but no back lite". They hung their heads in disappointment. But not me, I still had hope. I noticed that none of the boards were screwed down tight. Bingo! They are not grounded I thought. Tightened them down, hit the power button again and everything came on. The output of U2 changed to 3.3V while the TV was on. I didn't test anymore than that and put it back together.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Cubone222; 11-11-2012, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Awesome, I'm glad you were able to fix it. Good Job.

Comment

That is so great, 50 cent part to fix the TV. Tighten down all the screws that hold the circuit boards down are very important, I do that EVERY time when I fix the TVs or monitors, or anything that depends on grounding through the board mounting screws.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

does anyone have a the mainboard parts list. i have been look for some time can't find one. i just need to know what (c1) on this one is board ( 3642-0262-0150 3b).
              PS. this forum has been very helpfull.
              thank to all

Comment

Originally posted by chadac77 View Post
                does anyone have a the mainboard parts list. i have been look for some time can't find one. i just need to know what (c1) on this one is board ( 3642-0262-0150 3b).
                PS. this forum has been very helpfull.
                thank to all
                I know that c1 would be a capacitor, hence the c in c1. I don't have a parts list for that board, however I do know that some places on the board do not have a part installed even though there is a spot prepared for one. Start a new post with your specific problem for faster and more advanced service. Good luck.
                Last edited by Cubone222; 12-12-2012, 04:15 AM. Reason: typeO

Comment

My coax tuner doesn't work on this set after replacing that voltage regulator. Anyone know of a fix. Can it be repaired? Any help that comes my way, thanks in advance.

Comment

Hey Cubone how's it going, I just found out last week that with my same as your model Vizio I fixed replacing 2 voltage regulators that the 2 HDMI inputs are not working but it's been playing fine with the tuner, and my RCA Video inputs also work. so I'm using it as is for now.
                    but yours has a bad tuner and probably has good HDMI inputs, I don't know. but probably would require a new or used replacement Main board to fix both our problems, or maybe we could make one good main board out of the two of ours. lol..

Otherwise is the coax connector that's built on to the tuner loose? if not it could be the tuner itself is bad or voltages going to it are wrong or missing, would require a schematic and troubleshooting to get into it that deep.

Here's a used main board with no audio $29.99 shipping must be calculated. could have a good tuner, it says audio was the only thing bad, but who knows what they had hooked up when testing..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-VW42L-...item3cce2a4a2e
                    Last edited by MisterD; 01-23-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Hey misterD,
                      Give me some advice on this site. Just click down there. Mabey you can buy first and let me know how it goes lol.

http://www.tvparts4less.com/vizio-01...e-service.html
                      Last edited by Cubone222; 01-26-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubone222 View Post
                        Hey misterD,
                        Give me some advice on this site. Just click down there. Mabey you can buy first and let me know how it goes lol.

http://www.tvparts4less.com/vizio-01...e-service.html
                        I really don't know anything about that seller but maybe it would be okay. Maybe you should buy first. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MisterD View Post
                          I really don't know anything about that seller but maybe it would be okay. Maybe you should buy first. LOL
                          The price went from 55 to 99 dollars and sold out. Really not cool. Ltr.

Comment

Update:
                            My TV is still working. I found this thing in the trash. He he!

Comment

Working...
                            X