ADSL Modem DSL-300G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ADSL Modem DSL-300G

Lately I've been having a hard time to log on, no one in the neighbourhood had any problem so I decided that the fault was at my place.
    A quick check under the hood showed a bulged TEAPO35V/220uF replaced it and now I go faster than ever
    Attached Files

Re: ADSL Modem DSL-300G

good job! routers/modems are usually full of badcaps. not only that though their temperatures are incredibly high.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Thank's!
      Yes they are running real hot inside, there is not much air that pass inside the box, I think it is a common problem with D-link Friend of mine mounted a small fan on top of the cover and got rid of all problems their mains adapters are also prone to fail

Comment

That's quite interesting! I think I might open my modem when my caps arrive and see if any in there need replacing or anything

Comment

it is no problem to recap if you find some bad ones. routers, switches etc, it is much easier than motherboards.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Our Billion ADSL Modem/Firewall Router contains Teapo SEK series and one Hermei HV series (3300uF 25V) unit; none of them were bulging since the modem was working for two years, despite running a bit hot.
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

No wonder they fail now and then these modemes run real hot.
              Have looked in to several of D-links modems but this is actually the first time I've found a bulging cap, seems that better airflow cure many of their problems. Just by open the top cover of my D-link router all shut down problems in my network stopped

Comment

Working...
              X