Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
    Alright, hope you have a smooth recovery.

Challenge accepted
    Thank you, much appreciated. I'll try to get back at as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
      Thank you, much appreciated. I'll try to get back at as soon as I can.
      just checking in, still not able to do much!

Comment

just checking in, still not able to do much!
        Hope you get well soon, you can`t do much without your health,that has to come first .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Hope you get well soon, you can`t do much without your health,that has to come first .
            well after a long shoulder recovery, I think I can get back at it with programming, mod was done. If my friends out out there, give me a holler!

Comment

Welcome back. Hope you're feeling better. Please continue from post 316.

Comment

Welcome back. Hope you're feeling better. Please continue from post 316.
                Feeling much better, still trying to get winzip to open that rar file, once I get that things will start I guess. I have no idea why I'm having such a hard time with that. I think I might have to subscribe to winzip for it to open. It is certainly not opening any other way I've tr. Suggestions.

Comment

I finally got those files to open, and are in a folder. I guess I'm ready to program that reader. Any instruction on how to do that. looked on y-tube, can't understand most of them. Thanks

Comment

Hi

You must just open colibri and detect the chip. Then just read it then open the file and write.

https://youtu.be/cDek8OnoyaA

Good luck

Best regards

Steve

Comment

And you can try it out on one of the other boards you have so you don't have to worry about making mistakes. Try connecting that little clothespin-style clip to the chip so you don't have to desolder anything. Make sure the red wire goes to pin 1 on both ends.

The first step is always to press the "ID" button to detect the chip model. It will list what model it found in the text box on the left. Make sure it matches the actual chip.

Next, do some practice reads and writes. Click the read button and make sure data from the chip shows up on the right side of the window. Then, without closing the program, write to the chip. The write button will always write the data that is showing in the window. So, in this case, it will write the data it had just read in the previous step.

Practice that a couple times.

Next, try to save a backup of a chip:
                      1. Open program
                      2. Click ID
                      3. Click read
                      4. Click save (second button from the left) and choose a file name and location you will remember later

Finally, try writing from a file:
                      1. Open program
                      2. Click ID
                      3. Click open (first button on the left) and select the backup file you just made
                      4. Click write

Once you are comfortable with all of the above, you can try using the real motherboard. Read the chip and save it to a file. We'll continue from there when you reach that point.

Comment

And you can try it out on one of the other boards you have so you don't have to worry about making mistakes. Try connecting that little clothespin-style clip to the chip so you don't have to desolder anything. Make sure the red wire goes to pin 1 on both ends.

The first step is always to press the "ID" button to detect the chip model. It will list what model it found in the text box on the left. Make sure it matches the actual chip.

Next, do some practice reads and writes. Click the read button and make sure data from the chip shows up on the right side of the window. Then, without closing the program, write to the chip. The write button will always write the data that is showing in the window. So, in this case, it will write the data it had just read in the previous step.

Practice that a couple times.

Next, try to save a backup of a chip:
                        1. Open program
                        2. Click ID
                        3. Click read
                        4. Click save (second button from the left) and choose a file name and location you will remember later

Finally, try writing from a file:
                        1. Open program
                        2. Click ID
                        3. Click open (first button on the left) and select the backup file you just made
                        4. Click write

Once you are comfortable with all of the above, you can try using the real motherboard. Read the chip and save it to a file. We'll continue from there when you reach that point.
                        Yea it will definately be a while, completely lost. So I do not actually have to install anything on the reader, just put it into my laptop, connect to board using the clip cable, open the calibri program, and try to read chip?

Comment

See my previous post and the other posts it links to. You have to connect the programmer to the PC, install the Windows driver, connect the programmer to the chip on the motherboard, and run the programmer software.

Comment

See my previous post and the other posts it links to. You have to connect the programmer to the PC, install the Windows driver, connect the programmer to the chip on the motherboard, and run the programmer software.
                            I'll need some time to figure this out. I'll get back to you when I know what I'm doing with all this.

Comment

I'll need some time to figure this out. I'll get back to you when I know what I'm doing with all this.
                              I went to open and install drivers from the file, and its says file not found. Tried both programs same thing file not found.

Comment

I went to open and install drivers from the file, and its says file not found. Tried both programs same thing file not found.
                                what file actually contains the driver. When I plug reader into usb port it shows up on my devices installed. Does that mean I installed the driver? PC recognizes the programmer, from what I'm seeing. I didn't try to connect a board yet. Still don't know if I installed the driver.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hi

Normal you got an notification if the programmer is connected. Underneath the screen.

Then you know your driver is installed and pc recognised the programmer.
                                    Regards

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
                                      Hi

Normal you got an notification if the programmer is connected. Underneath the screen.

Then you know your driver is installed and pc recognised the programmer.
                                      Regards

Steve
                                      what file is the driver in. when I click on the one that says it, its says that the file is not found.I do believe there are 5 or 6 files in that Cipri programmer file. I don't know if I'm making Cense here.

Comment

Inside the main "Colibri_CH341.rar" archive, there is another archive named "CH341PAR drivers.rar". Inside that archive is a setup.exe program you can run to install the drivers.

Comment

Inside the main "Colibri_CH341.rar" archive, there is another archive named "CH341PAR drivers.rar". Inside that archive is a setup.exe program you can run to install the drivers.
                                          my setup. exe program says driver install failure when I try to install drivers.
                                          Last edited by rccrasher65; 06-21-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X