Samsung 710V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 710V.

I have 4 of the above LCD Monitors which are having the same problem (symptom) described below.

When I first power them on with the PC, they all seem to work fine, running at 1024x768. However, if I were to just power off the monitor soon after, then on, or do a restart of the PC, or leave the screen on for some time, the screen simply goes totally blank, black in fact.

During restart, I could only see the stuffs during POST and the WinXP splash screen. When it goes into WinXP (supposed Welcome screen), nothing is displayed. The Power LED is still showing constant green, and I could hear WinXP's startup sound, and shutdown sound from my speakers if I press the power button on the desktop casing.

This problem showed up after they are out of warranty. Could anyone advise what could likely be wrong? I thought it could be due to bad caps, but please correct me if you think is not the case.

I wanted to open the monitor up to inspect, but I don't know how to remove the back of the monitor after removing all the screws. Anyone could advise on this as well? Thank you very much.

Re: Samsung 710V.

remove the four screws for the base
    remove the base
    remove the two screws under
    find the two tabs at the bottom edge of the screen on the backside, separate there
    there are an additional two tabs on each side edge of the screen, these are not visible, need a 3.5mm flat screwdriver.
    screen opens and "hinges" on the top

i have some internal pics but no answer to your problem
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1386
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
    X