Asus VE205 .... 2seconds to black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus VE205 .... 2seconds to black

Hi, its been a while since i did any kind of repairs..........but a neighbor has a monitor that is not working and they asked me to take a look at it.

its an ASUS VE205. You turn it on and it onlly stays on for about 2 seconds.

I have taken pictures of the boards. I took front and back pics of the power supply/ inverter board.

Any ideas? The caps look ok to me.......but i know that sometimes "looks" are not every thing.
    Attached Files

Re: Asus VE205 .... 2seconds to black

Originally posted by Welchs101 View Post
    Hi, its been a while since i did any kind of repairs..........but a neighbor has a monitor that is not working and they asked me to take a look at it.

its an ASUS VE205. You turn it on and it onlly stays on for about 2 seconds.

I have taken pictures of the boards. I took front and back pics of the power supply/ inverter board.

Any ideas? The caps look ok to me.......but i know that sometimes "looks" are not every thing.
    Does the power light stay on?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I know the led light turned on "blue" but i am not sure if it stayed on the entire time. THe led light on this lcd is in a weird position.

I have the monitor apart right now but i need to put it back together to test if the led light let me know. Again, i know the light came on because i commented on the "Blue LED" light looked nice.

Comment

It's really simple - one of the first tests should be to note if the power LED stays on when the screen goes black. If it does, that suggests 'two seconds to black'. If it does not, it suggests a problem with the signal card.

PlainBill
        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

i put the lcd back together enough to check the led.

When i power the monitor on the led turns on and is a blue color. I see a flash ....i can see image on screen.........it goes away almost instantly........once it goes away the blue led turns "orange" but stays on it does not go out.

does this answer the question?

Comment

i put the lcd back together enough to check the led.

When i power the monitor on the led turns on and is a blue color. I see a flash ....i can see image on screen.........it goes away almost instantly........once it goes away the blue led turns "orange" but stays on it does not go out.

does this answer the question?
            To a certain extent. It says the power supply isn't shutting down. Is the monitor hooked to a working computer?

PlainBill

Comment

when i first tried the monitor it was hooked to a working computer. the screen would flash and then go out. for the led test i reported on previously it was not hooked to a wokring computer. i will connect it and then report back.

Comment

It's beginning to sound like 'two seconds to black'.

PlainBill

Comment

ok, reconnected computer to monitor
                  powered on computer
                  powered on monitor

LED light comes on as blue and stays blue..........screen will flash with computer desktop but then goes blank...........even after monitor goes blank LED light is blue.........

Comment

Troubleshoot “2 seconds to black”
                    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

transformer tests: (see enclosed pic for labeling)

1 to 2: 0.448 Kohm
                      1 to 3,4,5,6,7,8: open
                      3 to 4: 0.3 to 0.4ohm
                      3 to 5: 0.3 to 0.4ohm
                      3 to 6: 0.3 to 0.4ohm
                      3 to 4: 0.3 to 0.4ohm
                      3 to 7: 0.3 to 0.4ohm
                      3 to 8: 0.3 to 0.4ohm

NOt sure if the above readings are good or bad for transformer

IC: alphaomega 4614
                      https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...0e94bf963c.pdf

1 to 8: 3meg ohm
                      2 to 8: 3meg ohm
                      3 to 8: 3meg ohm
                      4 to 8: 3meg ohm
                      1 to 2: 10kohm
                      3 to 4: 5kohm

Not sure if these are good readings.....i think so but not sure

thoughts?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Looking at pictures and telling you what pins to test is something i am not very good at.
                        It is exceptionally difficult with the pictures you provided, a better picture would be one straight down showing the entire board, please try to use natural lighting.
                        I THINK the secondary's are you're numbered pins 1 and 3 and numbers 2 and 8
                        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

i am enclosing two pics of the back side......both pics together show the entire back side........i also show the pins on the transformer.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well my eyes saw it in the very first picture,but i guess my mind didn't let me believe it.
                            This monitor looks like it's only using 2 CCFLs.So it looks like you measured the correct pins.The problem is we don't have anything to compare the reading to.

Comment

Yes, your correct. it only has two bulbs in it as far as i can tell.

Does not look like a good monitor but i did not want to tell my neighbors that.

Comment

Yes, your correct. it only has two bulbs in it as far as i can tell.

Does not look like a good monitor but i did not want to tell my neighbors that.
                                Just because it's only using 2 CCFLs doesn't necessarily mean it not a good monitor.
                                Have you checked to see if the monitor will stay on with a different set of lamps?

Comment

good idea. I was thinking of trying that. Let me see what i have for spare parts. I had to do a bit of "house cleaning" few months ago and i had to get rid of a bunch of stuff.

Any idea if the readings on the transformer are ok?

Comment

i found a spare monitor with the same bulb-connections as the Asus. I plugged the bulbs from the ASUS into my test monitor and the test monitor lit up the ASUS bulbs with no problem. LIghts stayed on and did not flicker ........i left them on for about 30sec.......then shut down the test monitor.

So i think the bulbs in the ASUS are ok.

any other thoughts of things to try? again, are the transformer readings i posted ok..........

Comment

I am in the same position. Any findings or info you have would be greatly apperciated. I imported it from the US and in Mexico where technology is 3x more expensive, I do not feel like trashing it.

Comment

if i figure anything out i will let you know and/or post it here for others to read.

Comment

Working...
                                        X