X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Greetings!

im from Philippines and i discovered badcaps when i was doing research on SMPS a while ago. actually it was my beloved psu that led me to this site btw :-) this is a very helpful site indeed , still believing that i can repair it anytime soon...

Comment

Hello world, i'm a belgian gy of 26 years who learn to repair acer screen here

Comment

I discovered capacitor repair with a flat panel screen and now I have a network switch with a bad capacitor, who's model number brought me here via google. I can see that I may be coming here more often so I'm signed up now. I'm an American missionary in France and I handle all the IT work at a small Christian school in the Alsace region.

Comment

Long time lover of BadCaps, new user. I'm in Gainesville, FL, have been repairing electronic equipment for over 50 years. For the last year, I've concentrated on LCD monitors, as I have an ongoing supply and currently have about 150 monitors of sizes up to 24". Hope to be able to add my 2 cents worth on some posts !!

Comment

Just found you guys, and this forum looks great. I have a cert in computing and am working on some more. I like radios too, and have been thinking about getting a good receiver, so this forum is very handy. Thanks for the great resource.

Comment

Just joined. Look forward to insight from others on common problems.

Comment

Hi, I just found this forum and I am happy to become a member. I have been in electronics repair/testing for several years. I was a Test Engineer at a major electronics contract manufacturer. I am currently a Systems Administrator at a large healthcare organization but I still love to build and test electronics.

I wish I had known about this forum sooner.

Regards,
                beuford318

Comment

Hi, my name is Mark.

I first started playing around with computers when the C-64 was released. (I was in High school then.)

Had to burn some new paths into my brain to learn Hexadecimal, then started messing around with Jason Ranheim's 'Promenade.'

After that, I spent some time chasing my d*** and getting loaded.

These days, I find that I enjoy hardware more than software.

Thank YOU for reading this!

Comment

Hi all,

I too have been using this site as a resource for a while and have only just signed up as a member.

Thanks for the great information here!

Comment

Hello everyone,Leo here from mississippi. Came across this site searching for a bit of information on a tv. Crushed my foot 2 years ago, so I have been messing with electronics ever since. Always have been kind of good with tinkering with them. Mainly tvs and laptops. Been looking for a good site to brush up on skills,meet some people and learn a thing or two and hopefully be able to help someone else out!

Comment

Hello everyone, My name is rob and I live in Gas City, Indiana. Iv'e been having TV problems and decided not to give my money away and try and do it myself. I have worked in industrial maintenance for 30 years, but never touched a TV. I have a Magnavox TV and it quit about 6 months ago, so I took it to a repair shop in Marion, Indiana. He said he would have to rebuild the power supply and it would cost me about $400.00 well not knowing what I do now I had him repair it. Didn't really realize how bad he ripped me off until it guit again, and I started looking for parts. anyway from what Iv'e seen on this site I shouldn't have much of a problem fixing it. Thanks, Rob

Comment

Hello to all bad capacitors

Comment

Hello everyone,

Like many of you I've been in electronics since the early days. I became interested in this site long ago but never got around to registering. I've been active in cap replacement ever since I read an article about the infamous stolen electrolyte formula that wasn't quite copied correctly.

I'm a ham radio operator and enjoy fixing things even when they're not broken. It's amazing all the devices that ultimately fail due to bad capacitors.

I enjoy reading all the posts here and look forward to contributing someday.

Happy recapping,

Jack NM1J

Comment

Hello everyone. I love this site. I've been working doing design and component level repair for a little over twenty years. I came across this site looking for some info on a Visio LCD monitor. The one thread I read took me exactly to my problem. Took longer to take the back cover off the monitor than it did to diagnose the problem. Thanks to all those that contribute.

Comment

Hi everyone, and sorry in advance for my bad English!

Comment

Hello, i' Marius and i am from Romania.
                                  I've been working about fourteen years in level componet repair, and now i'm working in industrial automation.
                                  I'm glad to became member of this great community.

Regards,
                                  Marius

Comment

This looks like a interesting place that might help me. I am a retired engineer, not much software experience. I am fairly familiar with windows machines. I usually end up repairing family computers in addition to building my own. I hope I can find some help here.
                                    jerrylaufer

Comment

Hello you good people,
                                      I've been following this site for sometime now reading all the good advice from professional members of this site. Today I registered just so I can say thank you to you all for your time, help and efforts you are giving to those in need.

Kindest regards,
                                      Flag- London

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                        My name is Charlie and I found this forum while looking for a fix for my computer. I found a couple of bulging caps so will probably be attempting a repair job soon. Thanks for all the information guys.

Comment

Hi e'rebody. The name is John Tralie. I'm a big hardware guy. I've got no real plans for the future just want to make it out of college alive. but seriously no plans... -.- Anyways nice to meet you all.

John Tralie

Comment

Working...
                                          X