cy199 i-inc showing blue and yellow led only when connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cy199 i-inc showing blue and yellow led only when connected

Hi, is anybody can provide an exact part number for that specific monitor? (I-INC CY199). It looks like I found the fix for my problem with this EEPROM issue. I think I can do the job but I feel unsafe concerning the right part to buy...
    Thanks a lot in advance for your advice!

Comment

Originally posted by Surej View Post
      Hi,
      I got a cy199 i-inc 19 " screen that when connected shows only blinking blue and yellow led.

The pictures are attached.. I have changed all the capacitors but still no luck..

any idea how to fix this..?

Thanks

Surej
      Hello everyone I have the same problem and the conclusion to this is an eeprom Digikey part# 24LC16B-I/SN-ND

according to the image of the mainboard The image has two such chips with eight legs which one is the eeprom or are two. eeproms

Thank you

Comment

On your machine do the two chips have any writing on them?

Did you try the button resets mentioned earlier?
        Last edited by selldoor; 06-03-2012, 07:22 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Hi just done 2 of these have circled in red the chip that needs replacing.

Once done turn on power and it may flash blue and yellow a few times before it sets up if not turn off and on again .

Of the 2 i did one fired up straight away the other needed turning off and on again .
          Attached Files

Comment

Anyone know if these eeproms can be reset/wiped without having to remove?
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Originally posted by rob123m View Post
              Hello
              This is for people that might read this in the future.I repair
              LCD Monitors.The INC 199 monitor does lose its hex file as time
              goes on creating the blue to yellow flashing light.It can be repaired.
              It needs the file and a programmer.I can do this if people want.
              rob123m@yahoo.ca
              Earlier post
              But they are not difficult to change .
              Mind you i did use chipquik as i have some left over from another job .

Comment

Yes I saw that but as you are replacing with a blank unwritten chip it obviously doesnt need programming.
                I understand some atmel eeprom chips can be reset by shorting 2 pins SDA and SCL and wondered if it would work on this as well.
                If it did work it would be a lot easier than removal

Comment

Well i looked all over net and couldnt find a combination of buttons for a reset,tho someone else may have ?

Also looked for a way to short but again no joy so went the replace route .
                  But i suppose it would be worth a try and if it did'nt work then can still be replaced .
                  Last edited by sabre504; 06-03-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                    On your machine do the two chips have any writing on them?

Did you try the button resets mentioned earlier?
                    Well according to the image that Sabre54 put up it's the one on the right in red, their is another that looks like it on the left

yup I tried the button reset no luck

Comment

Only the one i circled needs changing .
                      Cant remember numbers on the other one but not the same anyway

Comment

Hello all,
                        can be the eeprom "EE24C16P (24C16-10PI-2,7)" use instead of the factory-soldered "24LC16BI SN0646" ?

Thanks in advance,
                        Michal W.

Comment

Originally posted by 1supertech View Post
                          Well according to the image that Sabre54 put up it's the one on the right in red, their is another that looks like it on the left

yup I tried the button reset no luck

Received my eeprom for my cy199 I-inc after tree tries I finally got it in right
                          and working. with out hot air it's a PITA.

Comment

same problem led blink yellow and blue ,BLACk screen i dissolder the eeprom 24c16 ,the led blue FIXed But THE screen is black,there is a way to factory default this f**g eep

Comment

Working...
                            X