Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with my Lenovo Y520-15IKBN BIOS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with my Lenovo Y520-15IKBN BIOS!

Hi everyone!

My laptop powers on, fans spinning, HDD turns on, charging LED and power on LED lighting up as normal, but nothing on screen, then 5 seconds later my laptop shuts down abruptly, I'm suspecting a corrupt BIOS, even the keyboard backlight used to light up but not anymore.

I have backed up the BIOS from my chip using CH341A programmer and followed a couple guides to flash the BIOS but still the same issue, I could be doing something wrong or some other motherboard issue, anyways can someone provide me with a fixed BIOS?

I'll provide all necessary information, just tell me what is needed.

I backed up the BIOS using CH341A programmer v1.34.
    Would love if all the hidden options in the BIOS are enabled.
    This is the link to the BIOS update from Lenovo website:
    https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/4kcn45ww.exe

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Need help with my Lenovo Y520-15IKBN BIOS!

Originally posted by Qattos View Post
    Hi everyone!

My laptop powers on, fans spinning, HDD turns on, charging LED and power on LED lighting up as normal, but nothing on screen, then 5 seconds later my laptop shuts down abruptly, I'm suspecting a corrupt BIOS, even the keyboard backlight used to light up but not anymore.

I have backed up the BIOS from my chip using CH341A programmer and followed a couple guides to flash the BIOS but still the same issue, I could be doing something wrong or some other motherboard issue, anyways can someone provide me with a fixed BIOS?

I'll provide all necessary information, just tell me what is needed.

I backed up the BIOS using CH341A programmer v1.34.
    Would love if all the hidden options in the BIOS are enabled.
    This is the link to the BIOS update from Lenovo website:
    https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/4kcn45ww.exe

Thanks in advance.
    try...
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try...
      This didn't work unfortunately, same exact issue.

Is there a way to disable discrete GPU in that BIOS file and boot using the integrated graphics card? just wanna check if my dGPU is the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

PCH is dead!

Comment

Lenovo y520-15ikbn Bios nvidia graphics

I am looking for a bios for lenovo y520-15ikbn with nvidia graphics.
          DY520 NM-B391 REV1.O
          In the attachment I am sending the original, ripped batch
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Lenovo y520-15ikbn Bios nvidia graphics

Originally posted by xpuko View Post
            I am looking for a bios for lenovo y520-15ikbn with nvidia graphics.
            DY520 NM-B391 REV1.O
            In the attachment I am sending the original, ripped batch
            Try...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fire1234 View Post
              Try...
              After uploading the bios from Fire1234 there is a black screen and the laptop turns off after 4 seconds. On my original bios, the laptop starts up and when the windows starts to load (the ball starts spinning) the laptop turns off. Checked disk, replaced with another

Comment

After uploading the bios from Fire1234 there is a black screen and the laptop turns off after 4 seconds. On my original bios, the laptop starts up and when the windows starts to load (the ball starts spinning) the laptop turns off. Checked disk, replaced with another
                Post the serial number on the case
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  Post the serial number on the case
                  S/N PF12WQTP mtm: 80YY0074US

Comment

S/N PF12WQTP mtm: 80YY0074US
                    the bios posted by fire1234 is ok,the problem is somewhere else.

Edit: the serial number you gave is for a Y520-15IKBM ,the motherboard has an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060. Are you sure the motherboard is a DY520 NM-B391 REV1.0 or is it an DY512 NM-B191 REV 1.0 .Is there a lenovo part number sticker in the memory slot area
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-17-2022, 07:42 AM.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you for the information

Comment

Edit: the serial number you gave is for a Y520-15IKBM ,the motherboard has an i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060. Are you sure the motherboard is a DY520 NM-B391 REV1.0 or is it an DY512 NM-B191 REV 1.0 .Is there a lenovo part number sticker in the memory slot area
                        Yes, the board is DY520 NM-B391 REV1.0
                        There's a sticker next to the ram
                        MB LENOVO
                        PN: 5B20P24389

Comment

DY512 NM-B191 REV:1.0
                          The device turns off senselessly, sometimes before the image appears,and sometimes it turns off within 1-2 minutes.

Could you please clean and edit the ec and bios files?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by gungor1981tr; 11-13-2022, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gungor1981tr View Post
                            The device turns off senselessly, sometimes before the image appears,and sometimes it turns off within 1-2 minutes.

It's better to write your device serial number and full model type.
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                            all donations are welcome,
                            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                            >>>>>
                            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Is there a file I can try?

Comment

Try this.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Mine PF0XC175, MTM:80WK0128MJ, Y520-15IKBN. Anyone have the BIOS for it?

Comment

Originally posted by harethl1s View Post
                                    always when you make a bios request, post the original bios of the laptop...
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Comment

Originally posted by harethl1s View Post
                                      Here's your New bios file, it's a virgin bios from Lenovo.
                                      As @peste said, you should take a Backup from your chip before use this new file.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                      all donations are welcome,
                                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                      >>>>>
                                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

video card shows exclamation (code43)
                                        can you clean the file. thanks.

Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (80WK)
                                        DY512 NM-B191 REV 1

S/N : PF0XEV5J
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X