Lenovo V130-14IKB BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo V130-14IKB BIOS

I am able to login to the BIOS of Lenovo V130-14IKB, but not possible to boot, it goes into cyclic: after Lenovo logo appears, then instead of booting, laptop initiates POST/reboot, and this going on forever.
    Tried boot from USB/M.2 SSD/SATA3 SSD same result.

I would like to ask for a working BIOS bin for Lenovo V130-14IKB, as I would like to try to write a working BIOS, to be able to see if booting is possible with a working BIOS.
    Hereby I attach current BIOS bin (captured by CH341A, as it did not recognize the chip - XMC QH64AHIG, IC was set to MX25L6406E, I hope reading was properly done)
    Current BIOS version: 8YCN15WW (a current 8YCN39WW would be also more than welcome)
    Model: 81HQ00DEUK
    SN: MP1G5GNS
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo V130-14IKB BIOS

Originally posted by anubys View Post
    I am able to login to the BIOS of Lenovo V130-14IKB, but not possible to boot, it goes into cyclic: after Lenovo logo appears, then instead of booting, laptop initiates POST/reboot, and this going on forever.
    Tried boot from USB/M.2 SSD/SATA3 SSD same result.

I would like to ask for a working BIOS bin for Lenovo V130-14IKB, as I would like to try to write a working BIOS, to be able to see if booting is possible with a working BIOS.
    Hereby I attach current BIOS bin (captured by CH341A, as it did not recognize the chip - XMC QH64AHIG, IC was set to MX25L6406E, I hope reading was properly done)
    Current BIOS version: 8YCN15WW (a current 8YCN39WW would be also more than welcome)
    Model: 81HQ00DEUK
    SN: MP1G5GNS
    Try...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fire1234 View Post
      Try...
      Thanks fire1234!
      After burning this bin provided by You, it is possible to boot from USB, no cyclic reboots.
      After the programming, EC version stucked at 8YEC15WW (while BIOS version is 8YCN39WW), I am not sure, if it is a problem or not.

Comment

Originally posted by anubys
        Thanks fire1234!
        After burning this bin provided by You, it is possible to boot from USB, no cyclic reboots.
        After the programming, EC version stucked at 8YEC15WW (while BIOS version is 8YCN39WW), I am not sure, if it is a problem or not.
        when you enter the bios and there, in the configuration tab, set Bios Back Fkash to Enable and under windows make a bios update to 8YCN39WW, the update should be made again and the EC should be updated to the latest version immediately

Comment

Originally posted by fire1234 View Post
          when you enter the bios and there, in the configuration tab, set Bios Back Fkash to Enable and under windows make a bios update to 8YCN39WW, the update should be made again and the EC should be updated to the latest version immediately
          I was considering something similar, but more drastic, as to go back to 8YCN15WW by official package, then upgrade to 8YCN39WW. But this was more simple to flash 8YCN39WW again with "BIOS backlash" set to enabled.

Now BIOS is 8YCN39WW, EC is 8YEC39WW.

Thanks for Your fast response and help!

Comment

Re: Remove_SMM... UEFI.

Greetings. there is a bios password.
            Lenovo V130-14IKB (81HQ SN:MP1PP646)
            I will be grateful for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

@kolbak

password = HACKER

Comment

Hello, sorry for commenting here but I just have a small doubt before making a post about an issue. My Lenovo V130-14IKB stopped working due to a silly mistake I made when changing a setting related to memory ratio. When turned on, the display won't turn on at all (backlight is completely off). Fans spin at first, stops, then slowly starts increasing in speed. I think my BIOS is corrupted as a result. I ordered myself a CH341A programmer with a SOIC8 test clip and was wondering if my laptop is still fixable when flashing a new BIOS. That part is also my worry as I have all sorts of info (S/N,UUID,MSDM,etc) on my current corrupt BIOS. If I get a read of my BIOS using the tool (will arrive after few weeks), would anyone be able to retrieve, if possible transfer such details onto the new BIOS?

BIOS Chip: XMC QH64AHIG

Comment

Got it fixed by going through InsydeH20 Crisis Mode!

I decided to go through the recovery method (InsydeH20 Crisis Mode), avoiding using CH341A. Format the USB to FAT32, then get the BIOS files (for me it were 2 ROM files) and I made many duplicates of those files renaming them to files like EUCrisis.bin, BIOS.fd, etc... Then I plugged the laptop charger on and plugged in the USB. I held FN+R for like 10 seconds before turning on the laptop and suddenly the fan speeds went all the way up. I kept holding it until I heard continuous loud beeps and left the laptop to do its thing. It rebooted after a while and I was able to get back into the laptop.

Just a heads up to those who want to try fixing their corrupt BIOS without a programmer.

Comment

Lenovo V130-14IKB BIOS repair

S/N MP1MC14L
                    MTM: 81HQ00NRSP

Backup of the bios find on chip
                    thanks for help
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Lenovo V130-14IKB BIOS repair

Originally posted by darckreign1984 View Post
                      S/N MP1MC14L

thanks for help
                      What's your issue !!

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                        What's your issue !!
                        with this bios - laptop dont start.

Tried some version from forum, and laptop at last start the fan, no post . buth it does something,

i replaced to solve this even the ite.

Comment

Originally posted by darckreign1984 View Post
                          S/N MP1MC14L

thanks for help
                          Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI and Windows Key.
                          Attached Files
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                            Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI and Windows Key.

Thanks. I will test and report in some days. Some work in other city.

Have a nice day

Comment

Working...
                            X