win vista freezes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

win vista freezes!

Hi guys; anybody know why my toshiba satellite with vista installed and google chrome when i try to get in my yahoo mail and face book freezes and i have to shutdown and it doesn't freeze on any other site!

Re: win vista freezes!

Its God's way of keeping yet another victim off failbook. I'd start the typical culprit checkdown....flash, drivers, and malware.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      Its God's way of keeping yet another victim off failbook. I'd start the typical culprit checkdown....flash, drivers, and malware.
      thanks Topcat, but why it only happens on these 2 sites> ?

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
        Hi guys; anybody know why my toshiba satellite with vista installed and google chrome when i try to get in my yahoo mail and face book freezes and i have to shutdown and it doesn't freeze on any other site!
        The laptop possibly has laptop-HDD disease. Laptop-HDD disease is a condition where for no apparent reason, the HDD causes Windows to be slow like it's a 286 or a 486 and/or corruption and it goes away, at least temporarily after wiping the HDD.
        Or when it's crawling for no apparent reason, on a Toshiba laptop I fixed, recovering Windows was slow like running XP on a 486 at 25 Mhz!
        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-16-2014, 05:27 PM.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
          thanks Topcat, but why it only happens on these 2 sites> ?
          Flash. Perhaps there's something in their horrendous bloated code causing this....which is why flash was the first on the list. Both those sites abuse & exploit flash as if it were the holy grail or something. I've seen flash cause crazy instabilities on various websites over the years. Does it make any difference if you use another browser>
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

Rjar: Ha I just replaced my hdd with an ssd in my laptop that had those exact symptoms. I think it has to do with ntfs and a hdd that's going bad.

What tends to be the cause?

Comment

I'd be inclined to blame flash too, if you're using Firefox try disabling the plugin and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysarian View Post
                I'd be inclined to blame flash too, if you're using Firefox try disabling the plugin and see if that helps.
                Thanks ; I just uninstalled adobe flashes and only freezes in Yahoo mail.
                this happened only after i installed Firefox then i removed firefox and installed
                chrome it does the same,it did not do it with IE,i wanted to get rid of addons and IE was not doing it dispite of the addblock installed.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                  Windows was slow like running XP on a 486 at 25 Mhz!
                  Imagine that somebody at winhistory.de did that,except the CPU was a Socket 3 (I think)Pentium Overdrive(simple 486 CPUs cannot run XP because they lack a certain requirement that Pentium 1 and newer CPUs have) and they underclocked it to 25-20MHz and even lower,all of this running XP.
                  Main rig:
                  Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                  Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                  Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                  16GB DDR3-1600
                  Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                  FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                  120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                  Delux MG760 case

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
                    Imagine that somebody at winhistory.de did that,except the CPU was a Socket 3 (I think)Pentium Overdrive(simple 486 CPUs cannot run XP because they lack a certain requirement that Pentium 1 and newer CPUs have) and they underclocked it to 25-20MHz and even lower,all of this running XP.
                    That makes sense. And I also assumed that the installer needs to be hacked to install with a processor frequency less than 233 Mhz or it will refuse to continue the installation.

I thought that it was with a 486, with probably a hacked installer.

According to Microsoft, even ME had a minimum core frequency requirement almost as high, at 150 Mhz and halts if the processor frequency is less than 150 Mhz with an error message saying that the core frequency must be at least 150 Mhz.

I would have definitely expected XP to have a minimum processor core frequency requirement, because ME did, at least according to Microsoft.
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-17-2014, 01:53 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                      That makes sense. And I also assumed that the installer needs to be hacked to install with a processor frequency less than 233 Mhz or it will refuse to continue the installation.
                      Thats the slowest system I ever put XP on. A dual 233MMX in a Tyan Tomcat AT motherboard (dual socket 7) with 512mb of EDO RAM, on a Adaptec 2940U2W with a 9.1GB cheetah, with an old 8mb Matrox Millennium graphics card and an old AWE64. It ran surprisingly well. Windows 2000 roared on this old relic back in the day. I wish I had that system back.
                      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
                        I don't know if you talking abount the PC running old hardware!
                        if so not the case.

Toshiba Satellite 355D Amd Turion Tm x2 tl 60 2.00
                        2.00GB 32-bit for Vista it's not the fastest but i think it's enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                          failbook
                          Now i understand why failblog was so popular.
                          Failbook.com hahahahahahah
                          Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

I call it Farcebook...
                            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

Working...
                            X