Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 625 - power down when fan kick in

Hello.
    Have this board that have no video. I know that it is 95% that damn ATI IGP, but weird thing is that fan works for half second when board starts. that nothing, but when kick in when heated after time the whole board restart. i think it get overheat signal, but why it wont work like normal/slowly rise rpm/. PWM from kbc to u506 is still 3V. do u think that kbc is bad, of that IGP is make something with it?

measured u506:
    pin1 - 3,3V
    pin2 - 5V
    pin3 - GND
    pin4 - 0V , but goes 5V when fan kick in
    pin5 - 5V
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-14-2019, 12:24 PM.

Re: HP 625 - power down when fan kick in

when remove r559 fan goes full throttle, so there must be sometihing with kbc or sensor circuit.

i also noticed that disk is not spin after board start

Comment

RS880M northbridge probably dead as they always are. You can try to heat its die to 200°C for a couple of minutes to see if it comes on. Will need to be replaced.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

i know that it is a problem, but that fan confuses me with the disc. i was thinking that disc spin after he recieves voltage

Comment

THIS IS HP REPAIR FROM HELL!!!!

I replace NB ATI IGP, but still no video and fan not work like normal. so i replace KBC and after that, board not start and still blink diode on it. So i try to flash bios, but it will program like 1% at 5 minutes. Dont have SST bios so i took 2MB WINBOND from some board and flash it. Now everything works, but i need to put ID name SN and other things. I dont have it because i dont have case and marking under ram was ripped off. luckily i save dump from original bios so i flash it to winbond and FINALLY board work at it should be.
          Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-15-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X