Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vestel TV with blue picture (Horizon 40HL737f)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vestel TV with blue picture (Horizon 40HL737f)

Good day folks. Wow, seems like ages since I've done any work on a Vestel telly, but now a friend of mine asked me to have a look at his and since I'm a bit out of shape, I'd like to ask for a bit of help because I must admit I haven't yet encountered this issue: the picture is tinted blue (da-ba-dee), menus too ! Unfortunately I haven't seen this telly yet, so the only thing I can provide you is a pic of the defect sent by the owner himself. I don't yet know what board or panel it uses, but leaving that aside - would this be a software corruption that could be alleviated with a dump or is the panel to blame ?

If it's the former, I could not find any useful resources anyway, so even if it were a firmware issue, obtaining it would be problematic in itself. Perhaps someone can lend a helping hand there too...any ideas ? Haven't seen this problem before. Cheers and thanks bunches !
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Vestel TV with blue picture (Horizon 40HL737f)

Check the leds

Comment

Why would the LEDs cause the blue hue ?
      Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
        Why would the LEDs cause the blue hue ?

I don't know thats the first thing that came in my mind. I have had this issue few times with lg models. Also do a factory reset or a color test just to make sure before you take the screen apart.

Comment

I'm not taking the screen apart anyway because I'm sure the LEDs are fine since there is backlight

I'll first try the software route, since there's nothing else hardware-related that I can attempt...
          Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
            I'm not taking the screen apart anyway because I'm sure the LEDs are fine since there is backlight

I'll first try the software route, since there's nothing else hardware-related that I can attempt...
            I have NEVER seen a bad firmware turn the image blue, but I HAVE seen the leds do such thing.
            If I were you I would do a factory reset and then take the screen apart.

Anyway its your call.

Comment

There have been quite a few posts over the last 12 months regarding backlight leds turning blue on this forum so Ducky29 may have a valid point.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=blue+leds
              Last edited by dick_barton; 02-07-2019, 08:31 AM.
              Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hmmm...I guess that should be pretty easy to confirm: pop the bezel slightly off and have a peek under the screen to see if the diffuser is blue also...it would still be weird, especially since the blue is rather "deep", but it may not be impossible after all...

Also, OT: anyone here using Firefox ? Any idea why CTRL+B suddenly no longer works for bolding text but instead opens up the bookmarks toolbar ? I used it a lot when posting but now it opens the menu...I hate stuff that breaks down overnight :|
                Wattevah...

Comment

you might want to read thru this one... :-)

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=weird+purple

Comment

Interesting...not having seen the TV myself it's possible this one is in fact purple as well and the hue came out different on camera, although my buddy described it as "blue". No matter, I shall examine the LEDs still as it's a first for me...

Still OT: can anyone here bold or italicize text straight in the reply window using CTRL + B/I ? I can't imagine what happened because it's happening on my home PCs as well - I was hoping it's only happening at work, so I guess it's a Firefox update that caused this...POS...
                    Last edited by Dannyx; 02-07-2019, 12:53 PM.
                    Wattevah...

Comment

disregard.... firefox looks broke while thing like seamonkey which is a "fork" of firefox works.
                      Last edited by budwich; 02-07-2019, 02:00 PM.

Comment

No, it doesn't. Besides, you don't HAVE to post to tell if it works: if the [B] or [I] tags don't get wrapped around the word you want bolded when hitting the shortcut, it doesn't work for sure. Don't know how other browsers behave, but in firefox Ctrl+B/I opens the bookmarks toolbar, at least as of today when I noticed....so tedious. So now every time I want to bold, underline or italicize something, I have to go to the "Advanced" post editor, select the word or phrase I want and then painstakingly click on the B, I or U icons...who did this ? Some dipsh!ts over at Mozilla need to get fired ! Either that, or it no longer works in ANY browser, pointing to an issue/change in our forum itself...
                        Wattevah...

Comment

It looks like it is missing Green Video.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Over time, the yellow phosphor will degrade and all you have left is blue light, try to get good quality replacement strips as some are poorly/cheaply made.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-07-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X