JVC LT-40C540 Image jitter + firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC LT-40C540 Image jitter + firmware

Hi all, this is my first proper post so here goes.

I obtained this big store rip off Vestel item last week as not working being stuck with power light on and no other activity. PSU checked out so Replaced the Eprom which brought it back to life but the image appears to be very slightly jumping up and down, the JVC boot logo jumps to so not an external source issue, from a distance looks a bit ghosty not easy on the eye at all possibly a refresh rate issue? Have inspected lvds cable and seems ok, would tcon cause such a fault?

The eprom I bought for it was stated to have firmware for slightly diff panel a samsung 10 bit "SC400HN01", I was told it should work ok as others had had no issues.

http://panelone.net/en/40-inch/SAMSU...inch-datasheet

only difference i can determine between panels is the colour depth, this panel is a 8 bit Samsung "SC400HM01"

http://panelone.net/en/SAMSUNG_LSC40...inch-datasheet

I cannot locate a factory menu procedure for this tv, do these sets have a service menu at all as i feel the error lies within the firmware but not entirely sure tbh.

Does anyone have firmwares for these as i didnt have kit to rip a copy before installing eprom? would like to try re install from usb...

Re: JVC LT-40C540 Image jitter + firmware

Try pressing information and muting keys at the same time.

Comment

Might say something like LVDS map, might clear it up but usually the picture will have big time distortion when those settings are off.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-03-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Hi and thanks for suggestion, have just tried with set off and on pressing both remote mute and i button together but no joy.. :-(

Comment

Don't know about getting the firmware, found this, maybe they want you to sign up and get a password or some such, not sure. http://pro.jvc.com/prof/support/cdrw_firmware.jsp

Comment

Maybe: menu/menu/8/select. Be very careful in the service menu, make note of any setting you change so you can change them back if needed, steer clear of aging mode, easy to get stuck on that one.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-03-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

This set just has JVC logo on it under license by a well known UK electrical retailer, JVC not really involved other than harming there own reputation IMO.

Comment

I hear that, it's strange, I only see one tv firmware update on their site for a dvd/tv combo.

Comment

Maybe this:
                  Press the {MENU} button and go to the User Menu screen, make sure
                  that the indicator (arrow) is pointed and highlights the "Picture Control".

- The buttons on top of the remote are set to TV & VCR respectively.

- Set sleep timer to "0" minutes and while it is displayed, simultaneously
                  press the {VIDEO STATUS} & {DISPLAY} buttons.

- The main service menu will be displayed with choices #1 through #9.
                  - Press one of the corresponding number keys to enter that menu.

- Use the {CH+} {CH-} buttons to navigate within a menu.
                  - Use the {VOL+} {VOL-} buttons to change the values.
                  - Use the {MUTING} button to memorize the changed value.
                  - Use the {BACK} button to exit the service menu.

Comment

I have an LT model but can't remember if I've been in the service menu but the last post seems like the one I may have used if I did, been quite a while.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-03-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Hmmm

None of it works been through it all over last few weeks. Its time to fix this by getting the firmware and making them available im looking for MB to rip firmware from if anybody has a board from a smash screen set, note panel type and upload it or send it to me and I will am willing to test em all dont like loose ends lol

Comment

Could try contact jvc, tell them you need firmware, works sometimes.

Comment

Found this phone number, might work. UK Call Centre on
                          0344 561 1234

Comment

Source 2580 is the service menu for this model. Its a chinese chassis btw and not vestel.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                              Source 2580 is the service menu for this model. Its a chinese chassis btw and not vestel.
                              Thankyou very much ducky29, despite the lack of a source button on remote it worked with input 2580!

Hopefully there will be something in there to fix the jitter

Comment

Yay jitter gone perfectly crisp image now by changing LVDS enable setting from 1 to 0 it was that simple!

Thankyou again ducky29
                                Last edited by CuriousJohn; 01-04-2019, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousJohn View Post
                                  Yay jitter gone perfectly crisp image now by changing LVDS enable setting from 1 to 0 it was that simple!

Thankyou again ducky29
                                  You are welcome.

Out of curiosity did you buy the eeprom on ebay from microtech?

Comment

Ahh ok, so not a vestel, good to know that eeprom will work with these tvs with that lvds adjustment.

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                                      You are welcome.

Out of curiosity did you buy the eeprom on ebay from microtech?

Yeah, handy he has them pre flashed cos cant find that fw elsewhere though the Russians are handy and with more time might have found a ripped rusky copy, comrad.

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousJohn View Post
                                        Yeah, handy he has them pre flashed cos cant find that fw elsewhere though the Russians are handy and with more time might have found a ripped rusky copy, comrad.
                                        Mo is a great guy and very reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                        X