Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 broken motherboards for 18$ do you think it's worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 broken motherboards for 18$ do you think it's worth it??

A guy just offered me 4 motherboards 3 of which are socket 478 and a msi P45 lga 775. Do you think it's worth to buy them and is there any hope of resurecting them if it's not a cap problem? The P45 shouldn't be with a cap problem cause all of them P45's are with solids.
    Guns don't solve problems. I'll take 12

Re: 4 broken motherboards for 18$ do you think it's worth it??

No.

$10 max, $5 or less is good. Keep in mind that if it isn't caps and you can't fix it, all it is good for desolderable parts.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

It might be a mosfet, those are replaceable or even a crystal if there are any... And a P45 would be a nice catch if I can get it working.

Comment

Can hardly give away 478 boards.if they wont sell for enough to be worth my time recapping or are types commonly used in industrial stuff they hit the recycle box.
        the p45 is worth a shot if the socket is not trashed.i would buy it near scrap price and try to save it.
        the others i would offer to recycle

Comment

Market may be a bit different in Macedonia? I would guess IT goods
          are expensive and even older models will still be sought after.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

478 boards are still around and there is still market for them. A good 478 bard can go for 20$ easy, maybe more. If I get the P45 working it can sell for about 50$ but I'm thinking of keeping it. If I don't get it running I can still use the caps for poly modding. So a single 478 board will get me my initial investment back

Comment

Got the boards today and the P45 turned out to be a P55 not much difference. Will seek for advice here once I start troubleshooting.

Comment

P55? isn't that Socket 1156?
                I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

^ yep it is. Intel P55 is LGA1156 (for Core i3, i5, and i7)

Everyone who got suckered into buying those got pwnt.. same for LGA 1366.
                  It's obsolete already (no more new CPUs, current ones are about to be discontinued this year)
                  Last edited by Scenic; 02-17-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Well, my PC is Skt 1156, but that's because I got the board for only $50 and the CPU from a PC that had it's motherboard fried by lightning (but the other parts survived).
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Well.. I meant the people who bought them brand new and wasted lots of cash on them
                      Didn't even notice you had one (I don't really pay attention to forum signatures)

Comment

Working...
                      X