Asus M4A88T-M LE bios file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus M4A88T-M LE bios file

I hope someone here have bios file for this desktop motherboard. Bios file from website is only for updates and just a part of an upgrade. I have 3pcs. here with same problem no display. I need the complete package, please share if you have thanks very much!

Asus M4A88T-M LE

Re: Asus M4A88T-M LE bios file

I have not checked as it looks like maybe a different bios for different OS
    (but that may only affect upgrades - I looked at the win7 32bit pages and there looks to be an original bios there when you scroll down.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A88TM_LE/#support
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I checked the link you gave me its the same site I found. The one you saw on that page is for raid drivers as its says on the file name.

I made a mistake by not saving the default bios file

I'll wait for someone to see my post, in the meantime I'm talking to some of my friends who might have some bin files for this board. Thanks man

Comment

Not sure which you are looking at - what OS are you wanting to use- I will look again

This was the file I suggested for Win7 32 bit
        M4A88T-M-LE-ASUS-0303.ZIP cant see where it mentions raid

EDIT
        Anyway Bios updates usually have the original Bios and it is amended to fix something or enable it to work better with something? It is not often just an add on where you need the original, so you should be alright with an update.
        Last edited by selldoor; 02-24-2014, 08:18 AM.
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that they only offer partial updates and not the entire bios.

Attached is the BIOS from their download page. Inside the ZIP file is a 2,048 BIOS file. Is this not the full bios?
          Attached Files
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I wasn't aware that any manufacturer "patched" BIOSes?

I always assumed that when you get the .bin file (usually in a zip) it contains the whole thing which overwrites whatever is there before?

Comment

@selldoor

I'm gonna use the bin to program bios chip using programmer. Sorry about the raid ones. I already tried file version 0303 as you mentioned still no success.

I also tried version 0311 and doesn't seem to solve it.

I also knew that bios from website will contain full dump. A few weeks ago, I encountered a Gigabyte motherboard with same issue, it powers but no display. I downloaded bios from giga website but it didn't help. A few days later I met a technician in a store while purchasing memory and he told me "find someone with the same board and copy his bios file" and I told him I don't need to because I can download it through net. And he said "Its better to copy from a working one because its the complete copy, bios files found on manufacturers sites are just for updates".

I tried it and I found a cafe which have the same motherboard. I talked to the owner and he let me borrow the chip from his board. But of course I offered him a very nice deal before he said yes, a free one week of computer maintenance

It was a success, so every time I program bios I make sure its the stock one I'm using.

Comment

Ok - as you see a few of us disagree with your tech. Whenever I have updated one I just use the most recent from the site and have never had a problem.
                Is it because there is a bios password required?
                Are you having problem loading the bios file or it loads but doesnt boot?
                Tried removing the cmos battery? with power off, to reset whatever it has.
                Are you sure its a bios problem?

Comment

I'm on your side as well. I'm digging deeper on those motherboards now. I find it very odd for 3 motherboards with same model to go blank. It turns on but no post, fans spins but no beeps.

I have check all voltages from pcie slot, memory slot, cpu vcore and NB voltage, all are ok. This motherboard came with all solid capacitors.

Most of the time I fix desktop motherboards with no display by programming bios chip. If not bios, a lite reflow on north and south bridge. Thanks guys!

Comment

In addition to this problem, yesterday one of my clients texted me and told me problems regarding with the same board. he got 2 of them suddenly stopped working. I also received an email from one of my personal friends about the same issue. I've got a total of 6 defective Asus boards

I'm afraid I'm going to be in deep trouble I used this asus boards on 7 clients with a total of 52 units including personal use.

I kept thinking about the setup I made and it doesn't make sense. For example in one internet cafe I used 10 Asus boards and 10 Msi boards only asus got this problem. All Msi boards are still running good. All specs are the same except for the board. Maybe there is a flaw on those asus ones.

Comment

Some sections of the bios may never be updated by the update program and the ROM/BIN file. Those sections may become corrupted.

Yes, it sometimes helps to copy the full bios chip and write it on another chip.

If you just want to update an existing bios, the Asus site has the file and the updater.. I typically download the FreeDOS iso from their site and use PowerISO to add the exe and the ROM/BIN file into the image and then burn a cd-rw with the image.
                      Boot from CD, abort the freedos install using Ctrl+C and then fall back to command prompt and run the dos bios updater tool.

Most systems will boot from CD but not from usb sticks so it's easiest/reliable way.

Comment

Don't buy Asus boards. Complete garbage.
                        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                          Some sections of the bios may never be updated by the update program and the ROM/BIN file. Those sections may become corrupted.
                          These are portions written to by other OEMs, right, like the USB chipset manufacturer, right?

A while back I looked into USB chipset firmware upgrades for another motherboard, and discovered essentially what you write here: The USB chipset manufacturer's firmware was written to a portion of the BIOS space and could be upgraded independently of the main BIOS. It was a pretty ad-hoc and not guaranteed operation but it showed that indeed the motherboard manufacturer doesn't necessarily update the whole BIOS space.

I wonder how many of Asus' famous "improve system stability" updates actually are updates for other chipsets on the board.

Comment

what's the bios chip part number?
                            something like 49lf040?

Comment

Guys! Good news! Got two of these asus boards working I did a crazy old school thing today. Just got fed up of these boards so I washed them both and let them dry under the sun, attached everything pressed power button and voila it posted

I never thought of this approach until now. I usually do the washing before I started a repair shop. We'll I need not to celebrate now, I've got to test if its gonna be stable.

I'll keep you posted guys thanks
                              Last edited by lezsimply; 04-28-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                                Guys! Good news! Got two of these asus boards working I did a crazy old school thing today. Just got fed up of these boards so I washed them both and let them dry under the sun, attached everything pressed power button and voila it posted

I never thought of this approach until now. I usually do the washing before I started a repair shop. We'll I need not to celebrate now, I've got to test if its gonna be stable.

I'll keep you posted guys thanks
                                I've seen that before, actually. I had an old Intel motherboard (a 0RY206, I think) that had so much gunk on it (candle wax got spilled on it, and found its way into some of the various connectors) that it only intermittently POSTed, and was unstable when it did. Washing it made it work.

Comment

Weird! I haven't done that before. But I suppose if there was enough dust in the right places or something, and it was damp?
                                  "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                  -David VanHorn

Comment

I have already returned 3 of the asus board that worked. I'll let the owner test them further. I also acquired 2 of the recent defective asus boards and they are laid on my backyard letting the sun do its job. Its very hot here in Phil now I think an hour or 2 will be enough to dry those boards.

I do not suggest this to everyone coz it might go bad. But if you are willing to take the risk then do it. Must remove cmos of course. I only do this when all voltages on board are ok and giving a reflow on NB does not have any effect.

Comment

Working...
                                    X