Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS50a410

Originally posted by nickdablack View Post
    Found the 19N60 from a local supplier. The info on the schematic labeled the SMD's as:
    RP858 - 10(2012)F
    RP816 - 22(2012)F
    I've been trying to google those figures, but no luck so far. I'll have to invest in some calipers to measure them.

Maybe this? http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/776...12t-1r0-f.html
    10 ohm and 22 ohm 1206 (2012 metric) resistors. I use a cheap £7 digital caliper from eBay to measure them. Resistors are very cheap though (~15 cents for 20), there's no harm in ordering some other sizes to be sure.

Samsung uses metric measurements on their schematics. I'm not sure why, it's a sensible idea in theory, but the rest of the world still uses imperial for most electronics.
    Last edited by tom66; 05-05-2012, 03:57 AM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well so far its $18 worth of parts. (including $8 for a 10 pack of fuses). I will be very happy if that does the trick.

Comment

Well so far its $18 worth of parts. (including $8 for a 10 pack of fuses). I will be very happy if that does the trick.
        8 bucks for 10 fuses...? Are they audiophile gold plated ones?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          8 bucks for 10 fuses...? Are they audiophile gold plated ones?
          Yeah they are a little pricey, but they were the best match on the site.

Comment

try here on the codes look like maybe zeners

http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm

Comment

Originally posted by awyatt2 View Post
              try here on the codes look like maybe zeners

http://www.marsport.org.uk/smd/mainframe.htm
              Turns out they were RP2012 package surface mount resistors. But I do appreciate the effort.

Comment

Yeah they are a little pricey, but they were the best match on the site.
                Maybe your best bet would be a local electronics store. In the UK I can buy a pack of 10x T5A(250V) glass fuses from Maplins for £1.99.

Comment

I just ordered them with the other components. Half the local electronic stores have shut down. So it would probably cost me the extra $4 to drive to one that supplies the fuse I need.

Comment

Bah.. Now Farnels cant deliver for a week. Oh well I will have to be patient.

Comment

I have replaced all the components and no more shorts. Just waiting on the surface mount resistors. Hopefully should be delivered tomorrow. Then I will be ready to power it up.

Comment

I have replaced all the components and no more shorts. Just waiting on the surface mount resistors. Hopefully should be delivered tomorrow. Then I will be ready to power it up.
                        Good luck! Not that you should need it. I wish you well.

Comment

Good luck! Not that you should need it. I wish you well.
                          I should say that full credit should go to you Tom. You will hopefully be able to brag that you fixed a tv from the other side of the world.

Comment

I should say that full credit should go to you Tom. You will hopefully be able to brag that you fixed a tv from the other side of the world.
                            Saving a TV from being dumped and going to waste is a fantastic feeling. I can't stop! I've repaired some 19 LCD TVs now.

Comment

Yeah I am doing this as a hobby. For a while now I've been feeling bad that my years of Electronics study have been going to waste. And I do like the idea of saving good devices from land fill. I've been scouring ebay for more good candidates.

Comment

Yeah I am doing this as a hobby. For a while now I've been feeling bad that my years of Electronics study have been going to waste. And I do like the idea of saving good devices from land fill. I've been scouring ebay for more good candidates.
                                An addict in the making. I'm hoping to study Electronics Engineering in university in about 6 months.

Comment

An addict in the making. I'm hoping to study Electronics Engineering in university in about 6 months.
                                  Good luck. You should do well.

Would you believe I ordered the wrong resistors. I found a local supplier so back to the shops for me in the morning.

Comment

Replaced the parts and got it working for a good 10 seconds. Then a high pitched noise followed by the main fuse going and we are dead again. Back to fault finding.

Comment

Replaced the parts and got it working for a good 10 seconds. Then a high pitched noise followed by the main fuse going and we are dead again. Back to fault finding.
                                      Hmm. Controller IC possibly damaged in the surge. Are the same components burnt? Did the display light up at all?
                                      Last edited by tom66; 05-16-2012, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Controller IC possibly damaged in the surge. Are the same components burnt? Did the display light up at all?
                                        The display ran for a few seconds. I'll pull out the board tonight and have a look.

Comment

Found it. NT801S has shorted and exploded. It is listed as SCK20206LSY. Not too sure what that is. Looks like a capacitor, however the symbol on the circut diagram is not a capacitor. I am going to have to look it up. Any thoughts?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X