Psu. Fsp205-4e03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psu. Fsp205-4e03

This power supply used in a number of different branded 26"-32" sets. In my case a Vivid brand with inbuilt DVD player from Aldi. Got this set given to me with remark it goes but DVD doesn't. It had a reasonable picture but no remote and side buttons a bit flaky to use also hesitant to start at times. Removed back saw two caps on psu just started leaking black on top so replaced them got standby but no start at all now. Pulled psu again saw another cap maybe just starting to swell so replaced it and another two for good measure. Standby ok no start no output voltages can't force psu on. Exasperated did a search and found one post (not here) with same problem after recapping. The answer was very definite that a small 33uf at position ec4 also had to be replaced when new caps were done. I only had a used 47uf so put that in and....success. Posting here now for info. But the DVD still not working - operates but can't read so probably laser light.

Re: Psu. Fsp205-4e03

Hi Max!
    I were seeking for this *Precious info* and I've found it here!
    It worked also for me!!!!
    My PSU is now back and kicking!
    Ihad the problem that this PSU become *weak* and ec4 was the culprit!
    But, differently from you, NONE of the capacitors where bloated or leaking... NO EXTERNAL sign could address me to this tiny capacitor....
    I also analized it and....Nothing was really wrong with it...only the internal resistance was 3 ohms, ther one I changed has 2,2 ohms .... boh!
    Anyway THANKS!!
    Mario

Comment

Well done Mario and glad the post helped you. Its certainly an unusual problem the such an innocuous little cap has such a big affect.

Comment

Replaced EC4 with a 47uf 25v cap as I didn't have any 33uf caps on hand.
        tv now powers on.
        Last edited by Amraks; 06-12-2018, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Sweet!!! This fixed a Curtis 32" I pulled out of a dumpster. Thanks
          Guys!

Comment

Working...
          X