Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN48J5000: Backlight Strip Burn

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
    i might be wrong but i noticed less blinks before power up means better health of the set sort of thing . like everything stabilises quicker for less blinks.
    Tom66 was rather adamant regarding this. Yet I've watched some videos where the # of red led flashes actually meant somthing. Like an error code.

I have no experience nor SM to draw from.

I sure am glad to depend on my 28yr old 36" JVC CRT set. $2000 was a lot to pay for it way back then, but geeze....look at how long it's lasted! I calibrated it according to ISF standards and occasionally remove the back to clean the dust out. No bad caps either!!

Go figure......

Comment

I discovered last night that the remote control is sending an IR signal and the IR recv'r on the set is receiving it as the red LED flashes. However, the only remote control button that appears to do anything is power on/off. So despite the burned IC/diode/resistor located in the IR recv'r/Power SW, it does appear to function somewhat....

I was hoping to bring up the menu but no joy. As shown above, when one side is unplugged, there is half a screenn that's white. Ditto for the other. Therefore it is applying voltage to darken nearly all LCD elements as the screen is dark. Not sure about the vertical color bars however.

Comment

Still seeking further advice....

Comment

Tried replacing the lvds cable ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
            Tried replacing the lvds cable ?
            No. I'm guessing it's something else. I also just don't want to throw parts at it.

Comment

Still seeking advice....

Comment

Working...
              X