Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BUDGET 4K graphics cards

Originally posted by brethin View Post
    Watching moves is not the same as editing still video (pictures). 30Hz is fine for editing still video.
    I said: That's unbearable in Windows, the mouse cursor even lags visually.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
      you want to support ALL these monitors at once? There are Displayport -> 3xHDMI adapters. If the card has a second display port, that should be direct 4k support on the 43" monitor

or, if the monitors have full displayport, they might be able to be chained. You might need a card with some serious output. like multi DP
      Just one 43" display. I guess there's a bit of confusion with my post. I will be getting rid of my 3x displays and replacing it with ONE large 43" 4k display. So I just need to drive ONE monitor at 4K.
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Update: My brother will be upgrading his graphics card soon, so he will give me his card. It supports 4k. I don't know the model but it is a recent gaming card from Nvidia.

Now I have another question. If I run Windows 7, will I have scaling issues on a 43" display in terms of text etc?
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

No. DPI scaling is robust enough in Win7. It is XP that looked fugly and had compatibility issues with large fonts.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

UPDATE: Got my 4k 43" monitor - it's a beauty! The old card could only run at 30Hz and as Per said, even the mouse cursor lagged!

I purchased a budget Asus 1030 Nvidia card as I couldn't wait another few months for my brother to upgrade his AMD card and pass it down... I am now running full 4K at 60Hz through HDMI 2.0 - all good now!

Thanks everyone for the help. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post
              UPDATE: Got my 4k 43" monitor - it's a beauty! The old card could only run at 30Hz and as Per said, even the mouse cursor lagged!

I purchased a budget Asus 1030 Nvidia card as I couldn't wait another few months for my brother to upgrade his AMD card and pass it down... I am now running full 4K at 60Hz through HDMI 2.0 - all good now!

Thanks everyone for the help. :-)
              Pics or it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                If you want it to 'just work', get nVidia...

If you want to spend hours fiddling with weird bugs, finding out about things that don't work properly which fanboys will insist are actually features, then get AMD.
                I disagree with the nVidia fanboy statement. I started off using a nVidia Riva TNT up to the 8800GTX, and went to AMD around the 4870 all the way up until the R390X. I'm now back running a GTX1080Ti. I have had about as many issue with my 1080Ti as I had with my ATI/AMD. The issues I have had with my ATI/AMD came from running Crossfire. Same thing running the 8800GTX in SLi.

Comment

Working...
                X