Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    No, I never said anything like that. Panasonic plasmas have excellent reliability. Well, until they stopped making them, of course.
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...2&postcount=20
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The really cheap Panny and Sammy plasmas should be avoided, but the same is true for their LCDs. One good thing is that plasmas can usually be repaired if faulty. LCDs, nowadays half the time it seems like the panel is bad.

And Panasonic sure have had problems on their models but this doesn't intrinsically make them bad.
      Last edited by tom66; 03-08-2015, 01:25 PM.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The really cheap Panny and Sammy plasmas should be avoided, but the same is true for their LCDs. One good thing is that plasmas can usually be repaired if faulty. LCDs, nowadays half the time it seems like the panel is bad.

And Panasonic sure have had problems on their models but this doesn't intrinsically make them bad.
        All samsung plasmas should be avoided they dont last at all, pannys cheap ones are built well but some have issues...
        Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 03-09-2015, 06:06 AM.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

I disagree. Samsung has problems with their bottom of the line models, but so did LG and Panasonic. High-end Samsung plasmas are reliable and have great picture quality. F8500/E8000/7000, etc. There's a reason I recommended them, until they stopped making them.
          Last edited by tom66; 03-09-2015, 06:19 AM.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I disagree. Samsung has problems with their bottom of the line models, but so did LG and Panasonic. High-end Samsung plasmas are reliable and have great picture quality. F8500/E8000/7000, etc. There's a reason I recommended them, until they stopped making them.
            Most of the plasmas I get in are samsungs and most aren't even that old I personally dont like them but they do have a good picture when they are working.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

why all the plasma talk? vestel will never make plasma unless it's a small ball for a fraction of a second in the back of the tv somewhere!

Comment

Vestel used to make plasmas for Hitachi. Well it used a Vestel main board and external chassis but the panel and PSU was Hitachi. And badged as Hitachi. Really odd, I guess Hitachi decided it was cheaper to have Vestel do the non-panel stuff.

Plasma was pretty much niche after about 2009, shame it died out, but ah well I got a Kuro so I don't really care...

Comment

Plasma was pretty much niche after about 2009, shame it died out.
                  Yeah, I love plasma over regular LCD.

I'm glad we got our 32" panasonic LCD TV many years ago. It has rubycon and nichicon caps in it!
                  No vestel "3A diodes in parallel", no crappy capacitors.
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

What a stupid move - but ironically it's the consumer's own fault for wanting continually bigger and cheaper TVs...

Is there anything decent left?
                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                      Is there anything decent left?
                      well japan got nuked, first physically and then financially.

so most tv's now are either Turkish or Chinese.

i suspect the chinese will start making better and slightly more expensive products soon.
                      i already see this with radio equipment.

Comment

Guess I'll stick with my hilariously old Philips CRT then!
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

i'm surprised it works if your serious.
                          the last philips widescreen tv's had a great picture, but the narrow-neck tubes all suffered from the guns shorting out.
                          same problem with the thompson sets - same tube.

Comment

Who said anything about widescreen?
                            -David VanHorn

Comment

I'm still using a 35" Sanyo that's at least 10 years old. The cable company desperately wants me to convert so they don't have to maintain the analog equipment. I won't give them the satisfaction, yet anyway, they are constantly raising the bill.
                              sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

They'd probably run screaming if they saw mine, then.
                                It's not just analog, it's RF input only, and even then you better be broadcasting on a VHF band!
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Here are some pics of the PANASONIC VIERA TX-39A300B.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lapwing View Post
                                    Here are some pics of the PANASONIC VIERA TX-39A300B.
                                    Ugh, YUCK.

Big "VESTEL" on the PSU, and elite caps. Also, looks like there is the typical vestel "multiple diode treatment".
                                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I thought that PFC is mandatory now. I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                        I thought that PFC is mandatory now. I can't see it.
                                        I don't really know, but maybe it doesn't need it to pass, because it only takes about 75W?
                                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Underside of the two PANASONIC VIERA TX39A300B boards and the LED arrangement.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X