Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

Panasonic's new A300 LED-backlit LCD series is Vestel rebadged junk. Includes 32", 39" and 50", possibly others.

Is anything sacred any more? Panasonic used to be on my list of recommended brands, but I will have to think very carefully about that now.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Re: Panasonic now selling VESTEL rubbish as their own

reminds me of a wesley snipes / stalone film,
    eventually all tv's will be taco-bell (i mean vestel)

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Panasonic's new A300 LED-backlit LCD series is Vestel rebadged junk. Includes 32", 39" and 50", possibly others.

Is anything sacred any more? Panasonic used to be on my list of recommended brands, but I will have to think very carefully about that now.
      Interesting, work replaced a Samsung 50C91 which had the typical psu and y section failures with a panasonic led. I should check it out because I think the picture quality is crap and pixelated.

maybe this is why

Comment

Im shocked about this why are they doing this I can see them leaving the tv market altogether, panasonic what a shame
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Just looked up panasonic using vestel chassis and I have seen countless amounts of complaints, they have sold them selvs down the river good luck panasonic.
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Just reading up soon vestel plan to take samsung and possibly lg at there highest sales point, while they are almost at their highest one day they will be out of business and never heard of again.

Comment

The problem is, this will look really great for the first few years. The managers will be praised for lowering costs and increasing sales by selling TVs for even lower price points. Then, when in a few years these TV start breaking and damage is done to Panasonic's reputation, these managers have moved on to another company or another division.

This kind of damage has been seen with Toshiba's TV sales. They can't sell their own brand smart TVs using their technology because they have a reputation for poor reliability caused by the VESTEL junk failing.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The problem is, this will look really great for the first few years. The managers will be praised for lowering costs and increasing sales by selling TVs for even lower price points. Then, when in a few years these TV start breaking and damage is done to Panasonic's reputation, these managers have moved on to another company or another division.

This kind of damage has been seen with Toshiba's TV sales. They can't sell their own brand smart TVs using their technology because they have a reputation for poor reliability caused by the VESTEL junk failing.
                Tbh panasonic deserve it for cheeping out, honestly its been on my mind all week end just the realisation that they have sold them selves out, never thorght panasonic would do that shame really I can see them leaving the tv market all together soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
                  Tbh panasonic deserve it for cheeping out, honestly its been on my mind all week end just the realisation that they have sold them selves out, never thorght panasonic would do that shame really I can see them leaving the tv market all together soon.
                  I don't really think Panasonic's employees and the brand reputation of Japanese products in general deserve to be affected by the decision of upper management to screw over customers by selling expensive Vestel junk. Panasonic is a collection of employees and I suspect that only a few management people were involved in this rebadge nonsense.

It's bloody MBAs man, they ruin everything and they infect everything with their cost-cutting, customer-fucking bullshit.

Comment

I don't really think Panasonic's employees and the brand reputation of Japanese products in general deserve to be affected by the decision of upper management to screw over customers by selling expensive Vestel junk. Panasonic is a collection of employees and I suspect that only a few management people were involved in this rebadge nonsense.

It's bloody MBAs man, they ruin everything and they infect everything with their cost-cutting, customer-fucking bullshit.
                    Very true everything's going down hill when it comes to quality because of todays crappy economy and other cost cutting bs. Nothing is made like it used to be I bet that a brand new tv today wont last more than 3 years 5 would be pushing it. Its all down hill in quality from here unfortunately.

Comment

[QUOTE=tom66;538506] Panasonic is a collection of employees and I suspect that only a few management people were involved in this rebadge nonsense.

But the company would all have to agree to be able to adapt a new oem like VESTEL.

Comment

But the company would all have to agree to be able to adapt a new oem like VESTEL.
                        Yeah and you're just going to give up your job because of one rebadged product? Of course not.

Adapting an OEM is not difficult, Vestel probably does most of the work.

Comment

Yeah and you're just going to give up your job because of one rebadged product? Of course not.

Adapting an OEM is not difficult, Vestel probably does most of the work.
                          True but panasonic agreed to it thats my main let down about panny, ohh well more tvs for us to repair when these go out....

Comment

Didn't you or whoever say that Vestel actually is better than the cheap Panasonic plasmas??

Because of the plasma tv failure rate being sky high..
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

this does create a problem though,

you also have Samsung's "suicide panels" that dont seem to last long,
                              and both Samsung and LG are spying on people and pissing them off with "smart-tv" firmware.

it does not leave customers with much to choose between!

personnally, i would recomend buying some cheap chinese tv with good features that the big bitches wont offer for copyright reasons.
                              such as MP3/4 playback and HD PVR.
                              if it lasts 5 years you did o.k. because it costs much less than a Samsung/LG or Vestel in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                this does create a problem though,

you also have Samsung's "suicide panels" that dont seem to last long,
                                and both Samsung and LG are spying on people and pissing them off with "smart-tv" firmware.

it does not leave customers with much to choose between!

personnally, i would recomend buying some cheap chinese tv with good features that the big bitches wont offer for copyright reasons.
                                if it lasts 5 years you did o.k. because it costs much less than a Samsung/LG or Vestel in disguise.
                                Sammy and lg will eventually use vestel in some of there tvs.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                                  Didn't you or whoever say that Vestel actually is better than the cheap Panasonic plasmas??

No, I never said anything like that. Panasonic plasmas have excellent reliability. Well, until they stopped making them, of course.

Vestel sets really are utter garbage, there's very little in the way of redeeming factors, other than them using being fairly easy to fix.

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                  Or just get an external smart box, upgrade the box not the TV as required. Buy a good used 1080p TV (as 4K really doesn't matter until you get into 70"+) and use that with it. Such as a Kuro, or a VT60 plasma.
                                  Last edited by tom66; 03-08-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post

Never heard that before alot of pannys plasmas were flawed and failed prematurely but all of them top vestel for sure.

Comment

No, I never said anything like that. Panasonic plasmas have excellent reliability. Well, until they stopped making them, of course.
                                      The real late model plasmas, especially post-2011. Even more likely when the model code is TCxxxxxxxxxx. IIRC.
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Never heard that before alot of pannys plasmas were flawed and failed prematurely but all of them top vestel for sure.
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36710

I swear that this is the tv industry's version of the RROD!!
                                        Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-08-2015, 01:25 PM.
                                        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Working...
                                        X