Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long shot, but Centurylink IPV6 users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shot, but Centurylink IPV6 users here?

Are there any Centrurylink IPV6 users here and still working?

My IPV6 connectivity died, and wonder if anyone found a fix to it, or at least heard anything about it?

Re: Long shot, but Centurylink IPV6 users here?

check the router firmware wasnt updated.
    a lot of isp's here keep tweeking the router firmware without asking.
    no reason not to stick with ipv4 though.

Comment

I was actually doing the ipv6 routing on my own pfSense box because my functional CPE/Routers do not support IPV6. As far as I can tell at the moment, it's a Centurylink problem, I don't see any packets coming back from the 6rd endpoint...

Comment

I just got off of centurylink "chat". He said IPV6 is for business accounts only... WTF. Not only that, it contradicts their webpages. He told me to call tech support.

So I called them, so far, not any better. So much silence, I hope she's actually researching vs hoping I go away... I'm fearing the latter...

OH NO... "No need for ipv6" excuse!

Transferred to PC support.... "Nope, not us, call back to internet support."

Uuuuggghhh...
        Last edited by eccerr0r; 09-11-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

been on centurylink for a decade. IPV4 here, on an ancient DSL router.
          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
          http://folding.stanford.edu/
          Team : 49813
          Join in!!
          Team Stats

Comment

call the legal department.
            tell them they have a case of false advertising and you intend to sue unless it's sorted out in an amicable way.

Comment

https://internethelp.centurylink.com...v6rd-faqs.html says:
              Originally posted by centurylink's webpage
              What is the cost for IPv6?
              There is no additional charge for IPv6. If you need your IP address to stay the same, this requires a static IPv4 lease. Once you have leased a static IPv4 IP or block or IPs, then you can use the 'derived IPv6' address. Charges apply to the IPv4 lease.
              I had an Actiontec Q1000 (which natively supports ipv6) and a PK5000 die on me. Does not appear to be bad caps unfortunately (the Q1000 keeps crashing and the PK5000 randomly loses packets destined for my own LAN). For now I'm back to a GT701WG (with wifi disabled because it doesn't support WPA) and using pfSense for IPV6 which had been working for many months if not years... which stopped last week.

I have a GT701 somewhere which would be my last last resort, and I have a M1000 to play with. Maybe I should look into non-Actiontec modem-routers?

The first DMT modem-router I had was a Cisco 678 (and I had a Cisco 675 CAP router before that). The firmware in these two are miserable, and the 678 died on me too.

Of all the hardware that die on me, these three categories just kill me:
              - Video Cards (with high power GPUs)
              - Hard Drives
              and now
              - DSL modems
              Last edited by eccerr0r; 09-11-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I tried ipv6 6rd on my Linux box directly, still no go. Same behavior as the pfSense box - packets go out, no packets come in.

Comment

I tried my Q1000 again... it seems to work for now...along with ipv6! wtfbbq. Did clink decide to only allow that Q1000 to do ipv6?

Comment

Working...
                  X