• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retina Pro 820-3476 Low PPBUS_G3H

Bumpitty Bump!

Comment

How many amps was the max drawn current?

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
        How many amps was the max drawn current?
        If you mean when I was testing with the variable PSU, I don't remember exactly, as I didn't document it. I do remember that we took it fairly high, I believe as high as it could go. I'd hazard a guess at 2-2.5 amps? If this doesn't sound right I can always go back and double check

Thanks!

Comment

Use thick wires to provide power, solder + wire and - wire to board. 2A is not enough. Starting from 5A you might feel something if the short is near big power planes or some bigger controller.

Comment

Ah, gotcha! I'll work on that and report back with the results. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

I got it!! I finally got my own bench PSU, so I was able to work on it at my leisure. I don't know how I missed the problem component getting so hot! It was C4690

Thank you so much, everyone, for your help and advice, it helped me out so much, and I learned a lot!

Comment

Happy to hear that you fixed it. Now you have learned to use a tool that will surely help you do a lot of repairs in the future.
                Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Working...
                X