Intel D865GLC, Nichicon HN(M) 820uF 6.3V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel D865GLC, Nichicon HN(M) 820uF 6.3V

Not sure if there were fake Nichicons or the wrong type were use or simply that Nichicon had lost the plot.

All but one of these have failed on the mainboard (this is the third board I've seen) at least the warranty returns come with other brands (Chemicon? and I remember seeing a Samoxon).

I refuse to fix these myself and send them all back to Intel regardless on how old they are i.e. out of warranty, it's their responsibility for an inherent fault and so far there has been no issues getting them warranted.

And slightly off topic, Gigabyte are a totally different story and their crap GSC and their refusal to fix 90%+ failure rate, I will continue to badmouth them for their total lack of "taking responsibility"
    Cheers
    Cezar

Re: Intel D865GLC, Nichicon HN(M) 820uF 6.3V

there was I remember being posted on a bad batch of Nichicon caps
    that were produced by them (not sure on series)
    (think the first G5's got caught with them too...so guess Apple wasn't happy or the owners)

GSC yak yeah.
    my first Gigbyte MB had them
    recapped with Panasonic FM been fine since.
    (but still its really early days about 1 year so far)

the second Gigabyte MB had KZE and Sanyo WG (vrm) these were fine for ESR when I pulled them and no problems with the MB.
    I decided to do a recap cause I was putting in another CPU
    it didnt really need it thought
    You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Maybe a problem with D865GLC - check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10x-Intel-D86...QQcmdZViewItem
      better to keep quiet and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Comment

Some HN and HM series caps produced between 2002 and 2004 were overfilled causing this problem.
        EVERYONE (mobo manufacturers) got caught on this one because Nichicon is normally a quality brand.
        It's cause of the big Dell GX/SX 260/270/280 problem.
        Even affected some MAC G5's causing a recall.
        Lots of Gigabyte and Asus boards. (Everyone.)

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/rese...tes/193414.htm

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Working...
        X