Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone help me source a soldering station! UK

Hi all,

Apologies for the thread. I assume it's been covered hundreds of times, but the search has only showed US results. I've been googling it but I'm not too sure what to look for.

The soldering iron I have is terrible, it's a £20 machine mart jobby and doesn't burn solder, let alone let me do board level work.

I've been working on laptops for a few years but I've just started working at an electronics repair company where I'm being taught to do far more advanced repairs, and as a result, I need a decent soldering station.

I won't be using it a huge amount, only a few times a week, and it will mostly be DC jacks I'll be replacing. I'm after a station with variable temps, and easily available spare parts. Roughly £50-£100.

There are a few irons that have caught my eye in the CPC catalogue but they're unbranded so I'm dubious.

Re: Someone help me source a soldering station! UK

Hi,

Why don't you have a look at the ANTEX range of soldering stations. I use the 660 TC station, and can really recomend it as a good all rounder to use for repair and construction. It's a bit more pricey than 100 pounds, but really good quality and you will be buying locally and not some Chinese garbage.

There are different bits available and it's very easy to change to another bit size if needed.Go have a look on their website for more info.

Regards

Leon

Comment

Working...
    X