This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello I'm JRV97240 from Kansas City, MO. I'm in a system engineer in the healthcareIT industry. I am excited to start learning from you all.

Comment

Hi, I'm radio junkie from Winter Haven, FL and I found this site while looking for info about an inverter board. My first computer adventure was in 1969 at the University of South Florida in Tampa. They had a very large computer and we played checkers with Georgia Tech. I find your site very interesting and look forward to learning.

Comment

xin chào mọi người.
        mình là thành viên mới, rất vui được giao lưu với các thành viên khác của diễn đàn.

Comment

Hello All,

Been working on computers and other electronics for years, recently discovered the BadCaps forum and found it to be a great resource.

Comment

Ramon
            Los Angeles, California USA
            Always been interested in fixing/checking electronics(tv,auto,laptop,stereos etc..) but never seem to getting around to learning what the different components do. I went to a tv repair shop and ask how much they would charge to fix my broken lcd and they said $150 so I quickly replied do you buy broken tvs he said yes $15, right then I decided heres my chance to get it in. I figured for $150 I could buy a decent used multi meter and the part and I would be in the game. Bought a nice used Fluke 87 111 for $110 and been trouble shooting and found that it could be the main board $69 part.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Have been working with and on computers way back when. Take care of all the family computer with associated network and the ones in my own office. Right now looking for a place where they refurbish computer supplies. I have three, they all need caps replaced otherwise they are in working order. Will ship them to anyone at my cost. Just have to many other projects to get to them anytime soon.

Comment

Hello everyone, I've been reading and getting great information from this site for a couple of years now. In fact, if I hadn't found this site, I might not have had the courage to attempt replacing caps by myself. Since then, I replaced them on several motherboards, monitors and a few other devices. I still have a stack of motherboards to look at, with one in particular that I might need some information on. There is something very satisfying in bringing a totally dead machine back to life for just a few bucks!

Comment

Just saying hi

Comment

Hi DessieD here. Have an electronics problem that may or may not be solvable, hoping the answer lies herein. Will post in the genral section soon. Cheers

Comment

Just saying Hi...again....

Comment

Hello all my name is Dan and I was given a 42" plasma tv yesterday that appears to be completely dead. I am hoping to be able to figure out if I can fix it with the help of this forum.

Comment

Found badcaps.net in an attempt to fix my Olevia TV. Site looks great so far. Thanks!

Comment

Went looking for plasma tv troubleshooting and found you guys. I thought the helpful atmosphere made it a worthwhile place to be a member.

I started reading this thread at the beginning (2003) and found the early settlers were more complete in their introductions, making it very interesting. I especially enjoyed the informal contest regarding who had the earliest computer.

I was a Ham radio operator in junior high school (a very long time ago--1958) and probably hold a record for cold solder joints. Got my General license in 8th grade when you had to copy 13 words per minute in Morse and draw, from memory, superheterodyne receiver schematics to pass the test. Next was first computer language, punching cards in Fortran II in 1964 on a Univac. Then I became a Navy fighter pilot, including two tours as a test pilot, testing electronic stuff and software in airplanes and missiles and other gear. Yes, I graduated from Top Gun; no, those guys in the movie would not be allowed to fly--ever.

My first personal computer was an Adam. Who remembers: "gn" (Go North); "You can't go that way"? Then a PC-XT in '86. Started building my own from a CompuAdd in about '90. Have about 15 motherboards and assorted components in the attic of the garage and the house. I build the latest and greatest for me and pass my hand-me-downs to my wife. For my "fix", I fix friends' computers.

Started building web sites and hosting them for family and friends and non-profits, etc. about 15 years ago or so. Currently down to about ten online. I just like to learn how to do stuff.

Maybe I can learn how to fix a plasma tv. . . .

Comment

I love tinkering with electronics, but mostly work with industrial automation. I found the forum when I had an issue with the motherboard in my computer, and fixed it with the guidance I found here. Seems like a nice place to visit. Thanks!

Comment

Howdy all,
                                Got myself a beautiful Samsung 46" 3D Smart TV for $40. Hopefully with the help of the people on this board, I can fix the TV and never leave my basement again.

Ian

Comment

Hello all!

I'm a computer repair/tinkerer that does his far share of cap replacements, and this seems like a very helpful board for my future work!

Comment

Hi, I am in Tom, I have some experience with electronics in cars, but not much component experience. This board looks like a great place to learn.

Comment

Hi, all! have some electronics background, but now just "Knowledge Seeker" 8-)

Comment

Hello all! I became a member and i'm glad for it!!

Comment

Hi everyone. I have one LG 42PJ350 with brokedown PSU but can not find where EAY60912401 diagram is. Fortunately, i have found this forum with helpful information and become one of your new comer. Have a good day!

Comment

Working...
                                          X