This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, just joined the website, used to put computers together many years ago and have fixed the odd tv, needing some info on a faulty tv I have so signed up.

Comment

noel

hi am noel and have just joined this group , not sure if what am doing is wright here tho , i joined to learn more about electronics as i have been doing it as a hobby now for a while , would like to say hi to every one and will post more when i know what am doing , thanks every one in advance for any help i receive

Comment

Hi, i'm Rui, and i just another guy to learn and make questions.
        Best regards.

Comment

Hello everybody, my nickname is Pyle and i decided to register here.
          I repair things as a hobby and because i'm a newbie at that, i usually use Google a lot.
          And when i use Google, i often end up here, so why not register?

This forum have so much information(and pics too), keep up the good work!

Comment

Hello All,

I am a native from the "Great State of Texas" who is on a life long mission of learning and acquiring knowledge. I have always loved technology and innovation. My first computer was a Commodore 64, which has lead my life in a very scientific computer guided direction. I joined this site to help with the repair of my Samsung T220 monitor which has white gooey material oozing from various caps. Most importantly, I am here to learn the basics and expand on that knowledge to truly master electronics and electrical components. I am in search of excellence and shall succeed with proper motivation and commitment. I have a formal computer science degree from the University of Texas at Austin and various other achievements which basically indicates that I can add: 1 + 1 = 3. I believe that this site will help me on my journey and I appreciate the opportunity to learn.

Thank you for your time.

Comment

Just started working in tv repair shop love the site great for help and tips

Comment

Hello ,nice to meet you.very nice forum.thanks.

Comment

Hello all newby here

Comment

hello

Comment

First of thanks badcaps owner to make nice forum. I join today and after reading some old thread I am able to find out my LCD TV power supply problem
                      I am in San Mateo, California

Thanks again

Comment

Hello all.

Comment

I'm a guy with a EDTV TV with a problem and stumbled across this board looking for information. Obviously fixing a plasma EDTV needs to be a very low cost operation. Had great interest in the OTA HDTV switchover and dabbled in a lot of that type gear prior to the appearance of sdtv coupon converter boxes. First computer was a C128 w/1571 drive. Worked in maintenance taking care of custom tube equipment years before that troubleshooting and repair of industrial control equipment after that. Ham radio op - mainly with boatanchor tube gear, largely inactive at the present time. I have R&Red bad caps on a MB before, repaired a few CRT Tvs and other equipment as a hobbyist.

Comment

Just an obligatory first post from a new member here...

Hi all!

Comment

hello all

Comment

Hello everybody
                                my name is Mladen from Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina

Comment

New member, computer engineer in Melbourne Fl. Don't dabble in the hardware much but I hate it when any thing in my house breaks. I refuse to throw away without first diagnosing the problem. I hate hiring somebody to fix my stuff.

Comment

Hi,
                                    I have been fixing electronics equipment since 1974. Navy trained me to use six step troubleshooting method to get down to component level repair. Alas the world has moved beyond the need for electronics repair unless it is in the vintage area of stuff. I like to work on tube equipment and old school HiFi (pre-remote control!).
                                    Thorerik

Comment

Greetings everyone newbie here saying hello.

Comment

Hi all,
                                        I am new member here and I would like to introduce myself. I am an electrical engineering student and I am doing my master degree in the area of computer hardware and automation.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi im a newbie here but looking forward to joining in. Any reason why i cant post a new thread , everything is actiuvated and links followed etc

Comment

Working...
                                          X