This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all, Found the site while searching for a fix for my panasonic tv. My names Lorin. Built and repaired a few computers, tablets , laptops and the like , but this is my first tv repair. This looks like a good place to get some back up.

Comment

Hi all. I found this site looking for reasons as to why my Samsung tv stopped powering on. I found a thread here that appears to be for the exact same problem so hopefully it will help me debug and fix the problem. I will say that I have little to no experience at this level of electronics. I have built my own computers in the past but have not gotten done to the cap level. So hopefully everybody will be tolerant of novice questions as I am not even fluent in multimeter use. I will try to search for answers before posting questions that have been answered before through.

Comment

hey everyone

Comment

Hello,
          Looking to try and repair 2 Samsung plasmas... lightning struck a tree right out side of my house and took both of them out!!!

Comment

Hi,

Nice looking place, didn't know fixing monitors/tv's can be that easy.

Comment

I am from Malaysia, 68 years old,retired hands-on and a diy guy. Still tinkering with anything electrical, mechanical and now advancing to electronics with no electronic background whatsoever. However, being an avid reader and a good home internet 10mbit connection, nothing is impossible.

Among my repertoire of tools, i have a hot air station, desoldering tool, a 30w , 40w and a 60w soldering guns, analogue multimeter, digital multimeter. Just ordered an esr autoranging capacitor meter.

That's all for now,

Happy trouble shooting

Regards from Malaysia.

Comment

Hi there ..appliacetec here from New Zealand ..I have been repairing domestic appliances such as washing machines, Dryers microwaves etc. for past 20 years. I thought I'd learn a new field in computer repair and electronics .
                your posts have given me an insight to what to expect .. I have enjoyed reading
                thanks

Comment

My first post. I love old stuff.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I'm a collector of computer stuff and a tinkerer. I have a broken hp 2009m monitor that I am looking to fix but am stumped at what the problem could be.

Thank you!

Comment

Hello, have been reading posts here recently and decided to join. Not positive how often I will be posting, but I like the assistance that has been provided for most of the questions I've actually looked at.
                      I live in Portland, Oregon, USA. Have been working on or around computers since 1984, and wish more people would repair hardware instead of replacing. Anyway, I wll be around and hopefully at some point I will be able to add one way or another.

Comment

Hello, I am an engineer and work in repairing computers since 1985.
                        I signed up here to be able to help and Tambe, to learn (always learning).

Thanks to all ...

Comment

Hello All,

As a 40 year old father of twins, who likes to do their own repairs, finding this site was a blessing. I'm currently reentering college to finish my degree up this fall. I decided the ever growing pile of spare PC parts I have been accumulating over the past 30 or so years need to be dealt with, and I know most can be easily fixed, so I am here to find information on how to do just that =) Gives me something to do when I am not studying....lol

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Looks like I had stumbed onto a site that has all kinds of good information. I work as an Electronics Enginnering designing machine controls for many years. I have grown up with Electronics doing my own service and repair as well as friends and family. Spent a few year in the US Army doing test equipement repair and calibration. I like antique electronics (radios, tv's etc) Ham Radio and also like to try to keep up with the latest technology stuff. I must admit keeping up with the latest is getting harder all the time. Will be checking back from time to time to see what I can learn as well as maybe help out on.

Comment

Hey guys.

My current job has left me with a handful of lcd and led TV's that for various reasons don't work and with my technical/electrical background i'm trying to learn to fix them... Looks like a helpful site and i'm looking forward to learning more.

Comment

Hi all, What a great forum.
                                I am an old tech in marine and domestic electronic repairs and installs.
                                Still do a bit with repairs but have to understand some of the new stuff around.
                                Can't beat this site for the extreme knowledge found here.
                                All the best to all.
                                Kevin

Comment

Hi All,

I came here today looking to see what voltage a set of Logitek Z313s might want for it's amplifier board (for that is what my daughter has (from which some of the magic black smoke has escaped)). I don't have the skills/Knowledge?tools to rework the PSU board, but if I can find out what it wants in terms of extra low voltage DC I can hopefully substitute a butch wall wart for the original PSU (having found a thread on the subject, i'm going to try one which reputedly puts out 12V at up to an Amp).

I'm UK based and do second line PC support for a living, but have been messing with hardware and software since before the Apple II days! (SWTPC).

Ciao

Chris

Comment

Hi to all guys in this great forum!
                                    My name is Wolf, i´m 50 years old, looking like 40 and feeling like 30...
                                    I´m an electrical engineer, worked in industry as developer for hard and software in home automation (LON). Working now in a workshop for people with special needs, which gives great fun to me.
                                    As a hobbiest my special interests are in Atmel micros and repairing tv´s, vcr´s and so on (done this since i was 15 or so).
                                    The last days I stumbled around a little bit in this forum and found great experience and activity, especially in the troubleshooting tv area and i would like to contribute with my (little) knowledge. I´m glad to be in this interesting and international forum!
                                    See You,
                                    Wolf

Comment

we call you 40kg6 here!
                                      Originally posted by PL519 View Post
                                      Hi to all guys in this great forum!
                                      My name is Wolf, i´m 50 years old, looking like 40 and feeling like 30...
                                      I´m an electrical engineer, worked in industry as developer for hard and software in home automation (LON). Working now in a workshop for people with special needs, which gives great fun to me.
                                      As a hobbiest my special interests are in Atmel micros and repairing tv´s, vcr´s and so on (done this since i was 15 or so).
                                      The last days I stumbled around a little bit in this forum and found great experience and activity, especially in the troubleshooting tv area and i would like to contribute with my (little) knowledge. I´m glad to be in this interesting and international forum!
                                      See You,
                                      Wolf

Comment

Hi kc8adu,
                                        with a little bit of explanation you surely can call me 40kg6!
                                        BTW, looking at your nick, i believe you´re a ham??
                                        Wolf (df8jz)

Comment

Hi, I`m from Portugal, I Have 50 years, and i`m crazy for hardware and rebailling tecnology.
                                          I´m here to learn and share what litlle I now.
                                          My motto is,learn learn......

Comment

Working...
                                          X