Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS-7699 Fans Spin But No life

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me here, i have an issue with this board, Tested CPU, Memory and all other components in another board and it fires up properly using same PSU

Any troubleshooting help would be fantastic as all caps look ok

Re: MS-7699 Fans Spin But No life

Post a picture or two.
    Just because the caps look good doesn't mean that they are, especially if they are a non-Japanese brand.
    What's the brand of the PSU you are using.
    CPU and RAM specs? Check with the motherboard's user manual to make sure you haven't missed something, like hardware incompatibility with the components you are using.
    Does the board beep with no RAM? (make sure you have a PC speaker connected to the header)
    Reset CMOS and check CMOS battery voltage already?
    Have a PCI POST card handy? Most old motherboards will show activity on it, if they are not completely dead.

*EDIT*
    I see this is a newer AMD motherboard with an ATI chipset. Thus, you could also be having a BGA issue. Most likely the ATI Northbridge, but also possibly the CPU socket if a stock warp-a-ton AMD heatsink was used. In either case, then the board would need a reflow. But first check the above items.

Another thing worth checking is the LAN chip and LPC SIO - does any of them get very hot? If so, the motherboard may have been a victim to a lightning strike.
    Last edited by momaka; 11-02-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry for delayed response, I will check all the above and get back to you, I do recall no beeps when ram and cpu isn't installed... Will check for hot chips..

Comment

Originally posted by steved271 View Post
        I do recall no beeps when ram and cpu isn't installed...
        You cannot test the board without CPU. If you do, you won't get any beeps or any meaningful results, so don't do that. Always test with a CPU *and* CPU heatsink installed... with thermal compound! I know some people skip that because it saves time, but it can also damage the CPU or cause the board to panic when the CPU throttles, and thus not POST. I used to tell that to my coworkers all the time and they never listened 'till all of our test CPUs went bad "for no reason" or "out of the blue", as they said.

Comment

Working...
        X