General Electric Model No.EA7-4630D ?

Dear members,

I got FM/AM radio with model :
    General Electric Model No.EA7-4630D ,

It can receive FM, but the voice is so small,
    I can hear it, it's maximum and very small, cover by hummmmm noise,

What do you reckon the issue is ?
    Thanks

Re: General Electric Model No.EA7-4630D ?

Capacitors. Filter cap took a crap, and so did the audio coupling cap. Likely the smoothing cap for the voltage regulator internal to the amp chip as well.

Replace all the 'lytics, but those are your likely culprits.
    Last edited by goontron; 11-02-2018, 06:39 AM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
      Capacitors. Filter cap took a crap, and so did the audio coupling cap. Likely the smoothing cap for the voltage regulator internal to the amp chip as well.

Replace all the 'lytics, but those are your likely culprits.
      So most likely is the capacitors on that system,
      Do you have a schematic that I can have a look ?
      Thanks

Comment

They never released a schematic that im aware of. But, if you google the datasheet for the radio/amp chip you will find the basic schematic for the radio section which GE followed darn near to the T. Aside from using some underrated parts anyway...
        Last edited by goontron; 11-02-2018, 06:54 AM.
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I have some transistors, with code 6002...and looks like they are in opened circuit,
          Anyone has the datasheet for it for replacement ? it's on MF amplifier

Comment

Working...
          X