ASUS ROG G751J not turning on, missing 3VSUS_ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ROG G751J not turning on, missing 3VSUS_ON

It ended up being the clip, the contacts have gone loose under the heatshrink tube.
    Resoldered all contacts and good as new now, 0 errors.
    The 205 JT image behaved as the 205 i've tried before, the laptop would start but wouldn't post, also the power button led didn't light up, but the one under touchpad did which is odd. i thought these 2 should be linked.

Anyway i'll go back to the 213 bios that i've made as that's the only one that i can post with :/, backlight works now, so the only issue is post delay.

Comment

I've tested the 206 and it did the exact same thing, and when flashing to rebuilt 213 still nada..
      Then i've realised that the CMOS battery was plugged in the whole time, after removing it it posted with rebuilt 213 no problem... aaargh, i guess i have to go thru the 205 and 206 again hopefully i can finally get rid of this boot delay and stutter.

Comment

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
        pozdrav,

what is your version of motherboard? although they look almost the same there are two verisons of this g751jy board...one is with gsync and other without...
        I attached bios for g751jy rev 2.5 (gsync version)...try it.
        I'm back at this board after fixing the faulty SOIC-8 clips and removing the bios battery i was able to get it to work with the bios you've provided on the first try, thanks very much!
        Everything appears to be working including the backlight!

Comment

I was away for a while, but I've fixed everything on the laptop except a touchpad.

I've found that the laptop wont post as soon as touchpad is connected and after a little bit of tracing i've found that there is a short on T12 point on the touchpad with ground. This line connects to the SM Bus Clock.

This can't come from anywhere else but the elan chip, however i couldn't find the replacement chips anywhere.

I have found entire touchpad for sale but the shop doesn't ship to me.
          Would any kind soul help me get this part? I would cover all expenses and a six pack

https://notebook1.ru/shop/%D1%82%D0%...B2%D1%8B%D0%B9

Comment

Working...
          X