"A Network Cable is Unplugged"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "A Network Cable is Unplugged"

Was streaming from twitch and youtube while connected to three IRC servers and it's been pretty quiet for the last 24 hours and everything seems to of calmed down.

Man does bad ram do some weeeird shit.
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

Originally posted by joshnz View Post
      Heat?
      Like I said, I don't want to troubleshoot the router in this thread. No, heat is not the problem. And both routers reboot when this happens, even though they are completely different brands and models.

Regarding the bad cable comment - that doesn't explain why the router would reboot.

I'm glad to see you have found the problem to your issue, pentium.
      Last edited by momaka; 11-29-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Actually, I'm curious. The only variable here other than the ram was the cover being off. Let me put that back on and see what happens in another 24.
        Find Nedry!

Comment

Another 24 hours under a full battery of regular use and still no interruptions.
          Problem solved.
          Find Nedry!

Comment

So next time you need to run MEMtest386 for around a day to cook the ram and see if it fails.

Comment

Originally posted by pentium View Post

Man does bad ram do some weeeird shit.
              That's definitely not a classic symptom!

The usual symptom is a BSOD with code 0x00000050, 0x0000004E or 0x0000008E. Or a bogus file-not-found error.

At least with a RAM slot issue, it looks common to get a file copy error when trying to reinstall Windows. Or BSOD 0x00000050. (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA)

If you don't receive any of the errors I mentioned, the RAM is probably fine.
              Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-30-2013, 04:18 AM.
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

No, I saw the page fault error but it only showed up once the backup was running. Otherwise the machine never showed any signs of a memory issue. Took five days to capture the BSOD in a state where the machine couldn't reset and I could actually see the damn problem.
                Memtest weeded out the problems to two 1gb sticks that were failing memtest in any slot. Right now I'm loping along with two Corsair 512mb DIMMs until some replacement ram shows up.
                Find Nedry!

Comment

Son of a bitch. It's dropped out twice on me today already. Back to square 1.
                  Find Nedry!

Comment

a day in the life of a network architect
                    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me feel better right now.
                      Find Nedry!

Comment

I told ya, garlic and holy water . . .

Comment

maybe some strange RAM error, but majority of hard to trace errors are due to faulty motherboard, and today that means - check caps first (if this error was not from beginning)...
                          And problem is - they, caps, could be visually good, but can make problems after some time of being stressed...

And memtest is tool, for testing RAM, if RAM passes all tests, with high probability, can be claimed that RAM is good - and fault is at motherboard (sometimes PSU, but motherboard if first place to look)...

And as so many times here repeated, CPU-vrm is first place to fix (highest load - can do all sort of nasty things to whole motherboard)...

Comment

I would check the traces to the ethernet port.
                            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Getting problem for the network and after checking all the system for 3-4 hours and at the end you came to know that your wire is unplugged is really messed up.No words

Comment

The NIC crashed again.
                                Going down for a reinstall.
                                Find Nedry!

Comment

After uninstall download the new one browser don't use again that setup which you are using previously.

Comment

Working...
                                  X