Acer AL2023 (W incl.) - no signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AL2023 (W incl.) - no signal

I am surprised there has never been this problem identified as it seems it is quite common for AL2023 or AL2023W in here. The problem usually needs some time to occur but when it does, it behaves as you can see in attachement. It gets into loop when it is starting, after some time it powers up. After another time it starts showing "no signal" window over what clearly signal is and sometimes turns off for a while.

The problem is in signal board, that's for sure what I can tell, however where exactly, I don't know. This display has been almost completelly recapped but it does not seem to be capacitor problem, few years back I did 15 of these and it was not solved by 100% complete recapping. However, the problem seemed to be occuring only with some computers, elsewhere it was fine.

Any idea? Bad firmware? Some SMD components on the signal path? The microprocessor itself?

ADD// seems that AL2423W had the same problem. Guess what - they have the same signal board.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Behemot; 09-08-2014, 02:35 AM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Acer AL2023 (W incl.) - no signal

I found a suggestion to unplugg it from power for some time, that shoudl have apparently solved the problem. I have been turning the power switch off over night for some time, than I forgot about it and it seems it is working fine since.

I am testing a UPS beneath it which sometims drops off competelly so it has another power cycle but still, seems that this solves the problem for a while at least. So you may want to try switching the AC off each day over night for a week or so and hopefully never see this problem again. And if so, repeat the procedure. Of course you need to recap it completelly first, usually almost ALL the caps go bad inside.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
    X