Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster B2330 Black screen

Dear friends,
    This monitor came in this morning with no power. This is Samsung SyncMaster B2330; I have checked the fuse and others things all look fine no bad capacitors.
    I have checked the voltage going to the signal card CN802 but all comes out 0.00V that show that there is voltage going there. The IC871 and F911S all are fine.
    Please help me on this one?
    I appreciate all your kind help.
    Thanks.

Tama
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung SyncMaster B2330 Black screen

Originally posted by tama4tama View Post
    Dear friends,
    This monitor came in this morning with no power. This is Samsung SyncMaster B2330; I have checked the fuse and others things all look fine no bad capacitors.
    I have checked the voltage going to the signal card CN802 but all comes out 0.00V that show that there is voltage going there. The IC871 and F911S all are fine.
    Please help me on this one?
    I appreciate all your kind help.
    Thanks.

Tama
    First of all, while the pictures are fairly good, there is one mistake that makes things more difficult than necessary. This board has a strong orientation -when the CCFL connectors are toward the top of the picture the component identifiers are all right side up. While I can read upside-down, it's not something I prefer to do.

Now onto the real problem.

1. What is the voltage across the large cap?

2. There is a large heat sink at the top of the picture. The IC on that heat sink is the SMPS controller. What is the part number?

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

PlainBill, I am very sorry for that picture which was upside-down.

The voltage across the large capacitor is 321.9V

The IC has this part number DA 29CK and GMO 565R

Tama

Comment

How old is this monitor Samsung monitors have a 3 year warranty?
        http://www.samsung.com/africa_en/sup...OLICY.WARRANTY
        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Just less done a year.

Comment

PlainBill, I am very sorry for that picture which was upside-down.

The voltage across the large capacitor is 321.9V

The IC has this part number DA 29CK and GMO 565R

Tama
            That voltage is good. Unfortunately I can't find any reference to the part numbers of the SMPS controller.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Could it be DMO565R

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38843138/Datasheet-DMO565R

NO PROBABLY NOT SEE NEXT POST
              Last edited by selldoor; 01-31-2012, 11:58 AM. Reason: NOT
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Think it is this? its a zero not an oh

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FS/FSGM0565R.html

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                  Think it is this? its a zero not an oh
                  This post below doesn't help out the OP, but speaking of mixing up "0" and "O" ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=213475
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Now for some real technical help.

Pin 3 is Vcc. Pin 2 is GND.

According to the datasheet, when Vcc reaches 12V DC, it will start. What DC voltage reading do you get on pin 3 (with pin 2 for ground)?
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thank you, PlainBill, Selldoor and Retiredcaps, I am sending the picture of the IC

tama
                      Attached Files

Comment

To add a little bit to retiredcaps post, using pin 2 of the IC as ground, CAREFULLY measure the voltages on pins 3 and 6. Pin 3 is Vcc, pin 6 is the source for the startup voltage. the pins are numbered 1 - 6 from left to right,

PlainBill

Comment

These are voltages I got on pins 3, was 238v and 6, and was 230v. Is that correct?

Tama

Comment

These are voltages I got on pins 3, was 238v and 6, and was 230v. Is that correct?

Tama
                            Those numbers don't look right. Verify the voltage on pin 3. I've attached a picture.

PlainBill
                            Attached Files

Comment

If pin 3 was really 238V DC, that would be one cripsy chip.

Pin 3 maximum is 26V.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I have done the measuring all over again and it seem that the IC is bad with according to the datasheet , this morning It read 5.9v on the pin 3 and pin 6 was generating high voltage.

Tama

Comment

I have done the measuring all over again and it seem that the IC is bad with according to the datasheet , this morning It read 5.9v on the pin 3 and pin 6 was generating high voltage.

Tama
                                  It's probably a translation problem, but there is one slight error in that statement. The IC receives high voltage on pin 6, and is supposed to reduce it to about 12-20 volts for Vcc.

The failure of Vcc to rise to the start voltage is is a common failure mode, replace the FSGM0565R. You may have to use the earlier version, it can be found on eBay as DM0565R

PlainBill

Comment

Thank you all for your help to see that this monitor came back to life. As soon as I get part and fix it, I will let you known the out came.

Tama

Comment

Any news on the out come?

I'm picking up one of these monitors on Monday repoted as no power issue.

Comment

I have the same b2330 as you, and I have uploaded pictures of the circuit board. 2 days ago it went out randomly and when I turn on the monitor it makes a hissing sound and then shuts off after about 2 seconds. I have no blown capacitors and I do not really know much about circuitry and such but if anyone can help me with this problem that would be great! also one more thing to throw everyone off, like 1 out of 200 tries the monitor will actualy stay on! the pixels always are on it is the black light that stays on 1/200 times. why I have no idea! but if I turn it on and off for like 30 mins the monitor will work completely fine until I turn it off, it goes to sleep, ect. so if anyone can figure this one out id be happy! also the monitor is significantly dimmer than my other monitors and that might have something to do with it as well.

ps: when I say the monitor "shuts off" or "goes out" its the back light, I did the flashlight test and I saw the image on the monitor BEARLY! but I did see them.

also sorry for bump, I just really need this solved
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X