Samsung 204BW LCD monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 204BW LCD monitor

This monitor recently went dark. Found three swollen capXon capacitors and replaced them. Unfortunately during the process I broke what Samsung calls the FUNCTION PCB on the front bezel. That was because of not noticing that while trying to figure out how to get the monitor apart I inadvertently put too much strain on the PCB harness (4 tiny wires). The board cracked just past the second button from the left.

Don't think that I can repair this board. The traces are incredibly tiny and closely spaced.

My preference would be to buy a replacement FUNCTION PCB. It has what looks to be a part number stamped on it. Can't find it by Googling so far.

Next best option would be to buy a replacement bezel which seems to include the FUNCTION PCB from what I can tell. Haven't had much luck in locating one of these yet either.

Your suggestions would be most welcome.

Re: Samsung 204BW LCD monitor

Capsized, first post a clear picture of the PSU. Or give us the P/N.

Also check this link. I think this is your power board... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/LCD-M...648820594.html
    Last edited by thunder77; 03-28-2015, 03:23 PM. Reason: Found the power board.

Comment

The part number for the Function PCB is: ASJ0642E

After the capacitor replacement I tried to use the monitor without the Function PCB but got nothing. Perhaps the Function PCB must send an input to the main board to make the monitor turn on? Or perhaps there is another problem other than the capacitors.

That power board picture you provided does look like mine.

Bought another bezel on eBay for a similar monitor with its own Function PCB. Not the same part number, but it has the same labels on the push buttons and only four wires, but it has a 6-pin connector, of which two pins are not being used. Whereas my connector is 4-pin. My plans are to splice the new Function PCB wires to my PCB's connector and try it out.

Comment

Can you post a picture of the phisically broken pcb?

Comment

I'll have to wait until the wife comes home with her smart phone.

Comment

Here are a couple of pics.

Found that the harness for the PCB could be disconnected. Unplugged the old harness and plugged it into the "new" PCB. No need for cutting and splicing wires after all.

Still no success, however. Monitor still black. But now the blue LED on the Function PCB lights again. It was illuminating before I broke the PCB.
            Attached Files

Comment

I see nothing from the pictures, practically i wanted to say if there is the possibility to solder wires between the button pins and the connector pins, rebuilding all connections..

Comment

We are lost without good pictures of the function board and both sides of the boards in your monitor
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thought I had attached those pictures, but evidently something went awry.

Comment

Working...
                  X