P4sd v1.09 not powering on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P4sd v1.09 not powering on

I have p4sd v1.09 motherboard i bought from local store for cheap rate. i think this hp oem board.i found ther are 7 bulged capacitor(1800uf 6.3volt) near vrm section of motherboard( output of vrm ) before powering up i just removed those cap. i replaced with just 3300uf 6.3volt and 1500uf 6.3volt bcz i want to know this motherboard will work or not. i just powerd with just those 2 cap. succefully the motherboard booted. then i removed those cap and replaced with 1800uf 6.3v. but this time motherboard turn on after power pins shorted but no boot screen. then i agian cmpletly unpluged psu and pluged agian powerd mothrboard ,this time motherboard not turnd on but after 5 second its automaticaly power up fan spin but no boot screen also error code zero on debug card. then i again repeat same procedure but motherboard not power on at all. so i am expecting some strange problem on this board after recapping. pls help me to solve this problem. i am appreciating your answers

Re: P4sd v1.09 not powering on

Nobody here to help me? I think this board from hp d530 desktop pc..

Comment

what brands/series did you replace them with?
      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

i replaced with yageo capacitors. i check in datasheet and they are suitable for vrm output. so i think cap is not issue.somthing other problem. this board have security port and hood sensor. is it need to be connected to turn on mb properly? but its worked without these connection when i tried first time. also some times its turning on( occasionaly only) but no post screen. also pci debug card showing error code zero.

Comment

This is the complete cap layout of the P4SD in case you need it (and also shows how to do a poly mod):
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23503

Originally posted by srt1
          then i agian cmpletly unpluged psu and pluged agian powerd mothrboard ,this time motherboard not turnd on but after 5 second its automaticaly power up fan spin but no boot screen also error code zero on debug card.
          Check the CMOS battery with the battery out of the board. These motherboards like to drain those CR2032 batteries fast! When that happens, you can get all sorts of weird behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
            This is the complete cap layout of the P4SD in case you need it (and also shows how to do a poly mod):
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23503

Check the CMOS battery with the battery out of the board. These motherboards like to drain those CR2032 batteries fast! When that happens, you can get all sorts of weird behavior.
            The cmos battery is new and also i checked its viltage its 3.1volt. Also i go through above thread but its didnt help me.wen i press power button the hard disk led lit wen i realse it it off.but some times motherboard power up ( occuring very rarely)after pressing pwer button and taking long time to power on almost 10 seconds but error code 00 on bebug card.

Comment

In that case, I would suspect the Yageo caps you used are not suitable (also Yageo = Teapo, and Teapo fail quite often). I think I've had only 2 or 3 of these boards give me problems. 2 of then had some kind of short that would trip the 5VSB of the power supply, so the boards could never power on. The other 1 would power on but never detect any drives. This is out of about 15 systems I recapped.

So bottom line is, you probably just need better caps like Nichicon HN and HZ. I highly recommend using polymers - at least around the CPU because everything in that area gets very hot. Also post a picture or two of the board if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                In that case, I would suspect the Yageo caps you used are not suitable (also Yageo = Teapo, and Teapo fail quite often). I think I've had only 2 or 3 of these boards give me problems. 2 of then had some kind of short that would trip the 5VSB of the power supply, so the boards could never power on. The other 1 would power on but never detect any drives. This is out of about 15 systems I recapped.

So bottom line is, you probably just need better caps like Nichicon HN and HZ. I highly recommend using polymers - at least around the CPU because everything in that area gets very hot. Also post a picture or two of the board if you can.

i removed yageo now i am using capxon and 2 numbrs teapo in vrm .if i get panasonic or nichicon cap i will replace it later. this board now power up some times wen i plugged psu in power socket without pressing power button( need to wait almost 30 to 45 mintues to get power on next time). but error code 00 on bebug card . then i touch near the area of south bridge (around the 32 ghz crsytal) surprisingly motherboard strtd posting. wen i touch each time the post code changing and display came . so i am suspecting some other invisible problem on it. i have a compaq bd-70g motherboard that also have same problem first time need to touch near crystal area to get post. but now after couple of hours working motherboard is fine now its perfectly working ,no need to touch anywere.anyone know what could be the reason for this type problem?i will
                post pictures tomarrow
                Last edited by srt1; 09-21-2013, 11:29 AM.

Comment

CapXon is probably one of the worst capacitor brands you can use. They are guaranteed to fail.

Also, you can't just use any Panasonic or Nichicon capacitor. You have to make sure the specifications match or exceed those of the original capacitors. In that case, you would be looking for Nichicon HN and HZ series. But those have been discontinued, so you are better off with polymers.

Comment

this is the pics
                    Attached Files

Comment

This board working randomly .. Sometimes powering sometimes not.also some times stuck on post. I replaced vrm cap with new cap.but dont know wha problem actualy it. Any sugetions?

Comment

Working...
                      X