replace OEM bios with manufacturer bios on intel mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replace OEM bios with manufacturer bios on intel mobo

i have an Intel Desktop Board "D945GCNL" in a OEM powerspec build, the bios is rebuilt by powerspec and is outdated as discoverd in this link: link to bios. my question is: can i update/replace the OEM bios with the intel bios since the powerspec bios is a modified intel bios and is horridly outdated as well as crippled by powerspec?
    Last edited by goontron; 06-11-2013, 12:59 AM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: replace OEM bios with manufacturer bios on intel mobo

It is possible that there might be minute hardware differences, and you would also need to know the hardware, part of which is the General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO) pin usage on the chipset, of which use is at the motherboard designers' discretion.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Do you see any obvious things that could have been installed, but never were? Like, solder pads for an AGP slot, but no actual AGP slot? An extra serial port, perhaps? Is the Powerspec missing some USB connectors that the Intel board would have included?

Do you know any other boards were made with this chipset? This may help you figure out what features *_might_* need BIOS support and what your results *_might_* be. I'm just saying.....

Let us know what happens, and good luck!
      Last edited by Hondaman; 06-12-2013, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Found a Asus mb on the dump some time ago, tested the board and decided to update bios - after flashing it I realized I had done a crossflash but board was still working perfectly fine.

The board I found was for a Asus barebone called P3-P5G43, bios I used was for P5ql-Em.

The P5ql-em has some xtra hw like floppy,serial,xtra sata but I had no problem in bios, installing or anything else.

Found a picture of the p5ql-em on the net and took a picture of mine and some screenshots.

If you are going to test another bios make sure you have a backup of the bios and access to a programmer or a bios savior according to your bios socket.
        Attached Files

Comment

I tried this once on a MSI HP socket 939 board. bricked it

oddly another forum member asked the exact same question yesterday
          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
            I tried this once on a MSI HP socket 939 board. bricked it

oddly another forum member asked the exact same question yesterday
            yeh ratdude747. him being a mod always says ''search before you post" yet he didn't do thathttps://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29432
            Last edited by goontron; 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM.
            Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

You could also use the Award of Phoenix tools to enable the features that are missing in your BIOS. They will all be there, just disabled in the ROM image.

I recently added SATA and RAID to a WYSE dumb terminal this way: makes a nice wee NAS box!

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by turbozutek View Post
                You could also use the Award of Phoenix tools to enable the features that are missing in your BIOS. They will all be there, just disabled in the ROM image.

I recently added SATA and RAID to a WYSE dumb terminal this way: makes a nice wee NAS box!

Chris...
                couldn't use that, there are no windows on my hard drives.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                X