Question on one cap of DELL SX270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on one cap of DELL SX270

I've enjoyed great success in repairing these machines all the way back to the GX50 series with the bad cap laden HI PRO psu. (350 units so far and 65 PSUs since 2003- all for small businesses) I got some more SX270s in the other day and to my dismay have run out of caps for the one (1) 1000uF 16V. I was wondering if I could get away with using a 1200uF 16V without any adverse effects. All things will be equal except the value rating. I know I have to order some more bulk, but to get htis last machine out can I get away with it. Tomcat, kc8adu, willa?

Thanks in advance. .

Glad to see you are offering the cap kit for this machine for those whose have been plagued with the DELL syndrome. I've been buying bulk since day one. Some of the Compaq towers and Gateway/Emachines have been rather fun as well. Anyone encountered the DELL GX PSU problem I've posted on in the past? Fans & caps have to be replaced just like the NetVistas I posted about also. Don't you just love Chinese crap? I love going to Fry's and looking at all of the ECS crap with the OSTs on them. And the US gov't thinks an economic stimulus pkg. will fix the economy. Read the love note the IRS sends you and understand it's classic redistribution of wealth people! It's not your money! Why not try keeping our business in the US where it was once made and done right instead of sending it to third world countries who don't share our ideals? If you spend your money at any major retailer or even for fuel it all goes to support those countries' economies not ours. That's called a trade deficit! (off my soapbox)

Re: Question on one cap of DELL SX270

You can use the 1200uf 16V cap in the place of the 1000uf 16V cap because the capacitance is in a 20% range.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X